Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 01:07 PM

4 posts, read 19,355 times

Advertisements

I am assuming he remembered from the unit to the truck where he filled out the paper work and since the guy was sent by the home warranty company what i paid was a flat rate, even if he didn't do anything. No breakers are tripped nor have been this is in a double wide, does that make a difference?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2015, 04:42 PM

621 posts, read 1,126,699 times
Mobile home doesn't matter but home warranty contractor does : (

Old 05-17-2015, 11:36 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,915,120 times
Just a general tip... always check for the presence of ants around your outdoor (condensing) unit. If evidence of ants spray regularly. They will seek warmth and get in between contacts on outdoor relays. This can keep them from making completely and sometimes making a buzzing noise. Buzzing will be heard only because the unit itself isn't running.

Old 03-22-2016, 12:26 AM

1 posts, read 2,820 times
If the outside fan isnt running and making alot of noise whould it make your bill high

Old 06-21-2016, 02:59 PM

1 posts, read 2,512 times
We are having similar issues with our Carrier model 24ACS342A300. We hear a humming noise and the condenser fan does not work, so we turned off the AC at the thermostat and waiting for service. The unit is barely seven years old. Up north where we live we have short summers, so the actual usage of the unit / age is something like 2 years if you used it continuously all year long. It is truly shameful! that an AC condenser like this fails after a mere 2 years of real usage! Shame on Carrier! The industry is full of crooks; from the manufacturers to the installers who do the installations. The labor rates are outrages so, the entire HVAC industry needs a MAJOR CLEANUP!

Old 06-21-2016, 03:43 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,230,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy7777 View Post
We are having similar issues with our Carrier model 24ACS342A300. We hear a humming noise and the condenser fan does not work, so we turned off the AC at the thermostat and waiting for service. The unit is barely seven years old. Up north where we live we have short summers, so the actual usage of the unit / age is something like 2 years if you used it continuously all year long. It is truly shameful! that an AC condenser like this fails after a mere 2 years of real usage! Shame on Carrier! The industry is full of crooks; from the manufacturers to the installers who do the installations. The labor rates are outrages so, the entire HVAC industry needs a MAJOR CLEANUP!

Run capacitors have shrunk to 1/3rd the size they used to be and it dosent take much anymore to short them out. The good thing is that most fan motors are going variable speed and no longer have run capacitors. They just cost 10 times more.

Old 08-05-2016, 06:44 AM

1 posts, read 2,230 times
Fan not turning and compressor making humming noise what could be wrong with ac unit.

Old 05-15-2017, 06:58 PM

104 posts, read 233,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm7287 View Post
Fan not turning and compressor making humming noise what could be wrong with ac unit.
I know this is an old thread but i just had the same problem on my carrier and called my hvac guy and he told me to kill the power at the breakers and then cut it back on....To my surprise it worked!. This was several weeks ago and it has been working fine since then.
By the way when i pulled the outside breaker it did not fix the problem. I had to turn off the inside breaker for a couple seconds then back on and all issues were resolved.
Key1

Old 06-22-2017, 02:27 PM

6,575 posts, read 7,176,793 times
Capacitor starter failed causes humming with unit not running. Use a stick to turn fan blades during the humming, if they turn on, then it's capacitor that failed. We replaced mine today, very easy to do. Part was $25, but got ours for $4.50 through friends commercial account.

Old 06-22-2017, 04:13 PM

104 posts, read 233,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key1cc View Post
I know this is an old thread but i just had the same problem on my carrier and called my hvac guy and he told me to kill the power at the breakers and then cut it back on....To my surprise it worked!. This was several weeks ago and it has been working fine since then.
By the way when i pulled the outside breaker it did not fix the problem. I had to turn off the inside breaker for a couple seconds then back on and all issues were resolved.
Key1
This was only a temporary fix and the problem came back. As the prior poster did, I performed the "bad-capacitor" check by seeing if I could manually start the fan spinning on the outside unit by giving it a good push with a stick. It worked. The fan spun and the house begin to cool. I did not want to have to do this everyday so later I then opened it up by looking at one of the youtube video's that shows how to change your capacitor. I wrote down the old capacitor part number of mine and ordered a replacement on Amazon for ~$15. When it came I took the old one out (couple of screws and wire pulls) and put the new one in and it has worked perfectly since. Very easy fix for what I hear is a common problem.
Key1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House