Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2008, 08:39 AM

9 posts, read 37,721 times

Advertisements

We just bought our first home and now getting ready to buy my first washer and dryer. I think whirlpool, LG etc are famous for their washers n dryers. But I am getting some discount thru my DH's company for GE Washer n Dryer. Looking for any feedback on a GE system along with model no if possible. Thanks soooo much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 08:46 AM

78,555 posts, read 60,762,573 times
The GE stuff is generally crappy but alot of the stuff is made in the same exact plant with just different logos affixed at the end.

I'd buy the GE and just replace it as it eventually gives out. This is what I did and I had a few minor problems but they are now 8 years old and still going. The fridge lasted 5 years or so and was a POS.

I got them all through the GE employee program you are describing. Can't beat the prices.

Old 08-06-2008, 09:42 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,947,024 times
If you get the right GE applicances they are as highly rated as the next brand nw days.Alot depends on the grade of GE appliances.I's just stay away from everybodies front loader washers until the get the mold problems figured out.

Old 08-06-2008, 10:31 AM

41,995 posts, read 75,304,387 times
My mom has had her GE washer and dryer for too many years to count. The washer is harvest gold and the dryer has wood grain trim. Both are humming along quite nicely.

Old 08-06-2008, 02:04 PM

746 posts, read 2,177,991 times
The top load models with the stainless steel drums are top notch. As for the front loaders, I would rate them middle of the road. Ok, but not as good as LG or Whirlpool. They also have top rated kitchen appliances. I would definitely recommend their kitchen stuff.

Old 08-06-2008, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The GE stuff is generally crappy but alot of the stuff is made in the same exact plant with just different logos affixed at the end.

I'd buy the GE and just replace it as it eventually gives out. This is what I did and I had a few minor problems but they are now 8 years old and still going. The fridge lasted 5 years or so and was a POS.

I got them all through the GE employee program you are describing. Can't beat the prices.
I totally agree, can't beat the price...thats one of the reason I am considering GE.

Old 08-06-2008, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekduo View Post
The top load models with the stainless steel drums are top notch. As for the front loaders, I would rate them middle of the road. Ok, but not as good as LG or Whirlpool. They also have top rated kitchen appliances. I would definitely recommend their kitchen stuff.
oh yeah...GE is written all over my kitchen .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House