Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 07:45 PM

134 posts, read 502,853 times

Advertisements

We are purchasing new washer/dryer next week. We have been looking at the Whirlpool Steam Duet. The cust. reveiws don't really do into the steam function too much. If you have one do polo type shirts come out w/out needing to be pressed? I currently iron all my kids clothes & would love to not have to do this? I'm not picky either doesn't have to be perfectly ironed or starched.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 08:55 PM
cwh

345 posts, read 945,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejf1mom View Post
We are purchasing new washer/dryer next week. We have been looking at the Whirlpool Steam Duet. The cust. reveiws don't really do into the steam function too much. If you have one do polo type shirts come out w/out needing to be pressed? I currently iron all my kids clothes & would love to not have to do this? I'm not picky either doesn't have to be perfectly ironed or starched.
We recently got the LG steam washer/dryer. My dockers come out mostly wrinkle free.

Old 06-11-2008, 10:52 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,819,506 times
I also have the TROM LG Steam: It's one of the best washer/dryer duos I've had the pleasure of owning, but the de-wrinkle steam function isn't as useful as they picture. I really rarely use it.

Now, as a sanitary issue within the wash mode, the steam does come in handy. It plays into my Howard Hughsian-tendencies by making me think my white sheets are the cleanest they can be...

BN

Old 06-12-2008, 08:10 AM

82 posts, read 269,800 times
Wink Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
I also have the TROM LG Steam: It's one of the best washer/dryer duos I've had the pleasure of owning, but the de-wrinkle steam function isn't as useful as they picture. I really rarely use it.

Now, as a sanitary issue within the wash mode, the steam does come in handy. It plays into my Howard Hughsian-tendencies by making me think my white sheets are the cleanest they can be...

BN
I have the same - LOVE IT

Old 06-12-2008, 08:22 AM

111 posts, read 714,556 times
We are buying a new w/d also. We just visited Sears yesterday - the sales guy seemed to know his stuff. He said not to waste your money on the steam, go with the whirlpool top of the line w/out the steam function. He said he has had a couple need repairs just for the steam portion just over the past month. Now this is just info from him - I do not know since I am wanting to buy one also. He also just said to stick with the whirpool/kenmore brand. Others like LG have had numerous problems and overall is too new of a brand. Whirlpool has been around and knows how to make washers! Just the info I got...

Old 06-12-2008, 09:11 AM

We looked at the LG brand too, if i recall it was more expensive then the Whirlpool. I definitately like the idea of saving water & energy & doing larger loads. I currently do 6 loads a week & I can;t imagine trimming it down more than 1 load or so otherwise I'll be mixing colors. We typically buy from Best Buy too, but I think Lowes was cheaper.

Old 06-12-2008, 01:57 PM

796 posts, read 3,048,579 times
I also have the LG Trom set. I love it. It holds a lot of laundry. It is also gentle on our clothes. I do about 3-5 loads of laundry a day 5 days a week.

Old 06-12-2008, 02:04 PM

394 posts, read 1,506,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmjuarez View Post
We are buying a new w/d also. We just visited Sears yesterday - the sales guy seemed to know his stuff. He said not to waste your money on the steam, go with the whirlpool top of the line w/out the steam function. He said he has had a couple need repairs just for the steam portion just over the past month. Now this is just info from him - I do not know since I am wanting to buy one also. He also just said to stick with the whirpool/kenmore brand. Others like LG have had numerous problems and overall is too new of a brand. Whirlpool has been around and knows how to make washers! Just the info I got...
We're buying new W/D in the next couple of weeks too and have been looking around. We settled on the Whirlpool Duet and the sales person at Lowes basically said the same thing....you can't go wrong w/Whirlpool in the W/D line. I think many companies have their strengths and weaknesses concerning different applicances and Whirlpool gets the nod for W/D. Believe it or not we're buying a new french door fridge too and we're getting - a Samsung! It has the JD Power award and is larger inside by a couple of cubic feet and of all the ones we looked at I like this one the best - the appliance guy says they're extremely reliable and he sells tons of this brand fridge....oops, sorry to get off track here. This post is about W/D's!!

Old 06-12-2008, 04:43 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,503,830 times
well steam washers are used best for delicate clothes. I would rather have a washer that gets the job done right. if you wanna conserve water then heres what I do: On my water softener's discharge line, I routed it to my front lawn so whenver my system backwashes those 20+ gallons will water my lawn.

Old 06-12-2008, 05:58 PM

Hey Ky(well that sounds funny LOL) what fridge did you choose from Samsung? We are getting a fridge too. I like the stainless steel look, for fingerprints & such. People at Best Buy are really pushing the LG steam washer/dryer over the Duet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House