Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 12:34 PM

18,473 posts, read 31,643,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
OMG! You could cause a FIRE!

OOOOOMMMMMMGGGGGG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sm ack:

I just spit up my lunch!!!!!!!!!!!!

fires start because small things like underware have gotten caught in the hoses and vents, thus causing a FIRE.

I have to ask, if you are some sort of idiot though???
You can't block vent because oh poor baby doesn't like the smell.

Would you block a chimny???

But you could start a fire in the mans house, and they will find out what caused it, and you will be to blame, because the vent was blocked from your yard since he cant get to it, your going to be charged for arson.

it always amazes me that there really are stupid people in this world that do not think.....

block the vent

you blocked the vent
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post
There's no such thing as a "double vent" for a dryer.

You can't possibly know what "code" is if you don't know that.

If you think this is a code violation, please *quickly* call the city and get him cited for this violation of "code".

You could very well kill someone by plugging that vent.

If the dryer on the other end of that vent is natural gas, *you* are causing combustion byproducts to vent inside that mans home. It's no different than hooking the exhaust from your car up to a hose and stuffing it in his window.

Even if the dryer is electric, obstructing that pipe could cause a fire. With as close as your homes are, you might even burn your own home down. Wouldn't that be amazing karma!

Quit the passive-aggressive self-help and call the city *today* before you get charged with a crime.

OMG, this one is a real air head !!!

can you imagine blocking a vent.......I am sick over this. This poor man has no idea what you do, his home could explode and go on fire.

OMG, if you were my neighbor and did this, i would be going to jail right about now.

get my drift!!!

Old 05-17-2012, 12:38 PM

1,342 posts, read 3,246,475 times
Quote:

Once and for all, people, there is no danger. The double-vent he installed himself, and the other side takes the air over to a side wall. It diverts the air to one side, it does not block it up. Please.

I am not being passive-aggressive, this thread is over 4 years old, during which time the double vent was installed by my neighbor. It is a temporary fix that he did himself.

Code violations are not "grandfathered", they are always code violations.
If I called L&I about it I could cost him thousands of dollars because he would have to remove not only the dryer vent but all the other household vents he put out there. Probably tens of thousands. The obvious solution is for him to move the dryer to the front of his house and vent it out the front, which is very common here in Philly. And when he sells the house I will make sure he moves the dryer and bricks up the vent. I don't mind the other vents in the wall.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
That is incredibly dangerous and irresponsible.

and stupid, and dumb, and idiotic, and nuts....
shall i go on???

Old 05-17-2012, 05:58 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:

If you think this is a code violation, please *quickly* call the city and get him cited for this violation of "code".

You could very well kill someone by plugging that vent.

If the dryer on the other end of that vent is natural gas, *you* are causing combustion byproducts to vent inside that mans home. It's no different than hooking the exhaust from your car up to a hose and stuffing it in his window.

Even if the dryer is electric, obstructing that pipe could cause a fire. With as close as your homes are, you might even burn your own home down. Wouldn't that be amazing karma!

Quit the passive-aggressive self-help and call the city *today* before you get charged with a crime.
You're sooooooooooo right! If it's a gas dryer, he could kill his neighbor via carbon monoxide!

Old 05-19-2012, 09:46 PM

6,341 posts, read 14,689,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobilee View Post
Once and for all, people, there is no danger. The double-vent he installed himself, and the other side takes the air over to a side wall. It diverts the air to one side, it does not block it up. Please.

I am not being passive-aggressive, this thread is over 4 years old, during which time the double vent was installed by my neighbor. It is a temporary fix that he did himself.

Code violations are not "grandfathered", they are always code violations.
If I called L&I about it I could cost him thousands of dollars because he would have to remove not only the dryer vent but all the other household vents he put out there. Probably tens of thousands. The obvious solution is for him to move the dryer to the front of his house and vent it out the front, which is very common here in Philly. And when he sells the house I will make sure he moves the dryer and bricks up the vent. I don't mind the other vents in the wall.
In your response dated 5/12/2012 you said "just this past week" you blocked the vent. So the thread may be four years old, but you recently blocked the vent. It wouldn't cost "thousands" or "tens of thousands" of dollars to reroute the vent, not even close. It wouldn't be that big of a deal if you discussed the issue with the neighbor, or a code officer. But plugging the vent without informing the neighbor is an issue, and passive-aggressive is an apt description.

I will repeat this one more time - there is no such thing as a "double" dryer vent. Dryers are vented through a single pipe, typically 4 inches in diameter. Blocking that pipe (even partially) can cause a fire, or combustion gasses to be released inside the home. That is a fact, feel free to google it.

Old 05-20-2012, 07:04 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:
...and passive-aggressive is an apt description.
BINGO! Passive aggressive! He agreed to wait until the property is sold. He pretended to be nice while he stews over it for 4 years. Now he blocks the vent, causing risk to his neighbor's property and life.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
BINGO! Passive aggressive! He agreed to wait until the property is sold. He pretended to be nice while he stews over it for 4 years. Now he blocks the vent, causing risk to his neighbor's property and life.

It is unbelieveable that there are humans that sre this STUPID in this world.

Don't they think the next owners will use the dryer as well.....

I have to say, this post is very upsetting to me, that someone can have the nerve to block someone elses dryer vent because they do not like the smell of fabric softner....

Can you imagine?????

I rather smell fabric softner than a man smoking a cigar on the balcony....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House