Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 07:40 AM

18,575 posts, read 31,902,145 times

Advertisements

I think electric dryers really use up a ton of electricity, plus take really long to dry.
I have portable washer and clothesline, love it.........
Sometimes there might be a certain item that cannot go in the dryer, with the combo thing you would really have to remember before the drying cycle starts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2010, 11:31 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,923,607 times
My in-laws have a combined unit, I think it's a GE. It's a regular sized washer and dryer, but it is built into a combined unit like a stackable. We have stackable Samsung front loaders. If you have the space for them, I would go with the newer front loader HE machines. The ones we got have a vibration reduction technology and outside of the water going into the machine, you would never know they were even on. Clothes come out clean with few wrinkles. Do to the high speed spin on the washer, the dryer runs for less than 30 minutes and the clothes are perfect.

Old 07-31-2010, 02:09 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,648,168 times
We have had them for years.....only drawback is that obviously the loads you wash must be smaller. IMHO...WHIRLPOOL is best with GE and KENMORE also very good. Our first stack lasted over 12 years without one problem.....if space is an issue....as it is with us....stacks perform surprisingly well all facets considered. Also you can get gas or electric dryers with most models.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:52 PM

107 posts, read 168,826 times
Default Stacked washer/dryer

Hey y'all,

We currently bought a Class C RV that has a 110v stacked washer/dryer. I put a small load of clothes in to make sure that they both work well. I set the dials for what I would normally use in my house, and it seems to be taking forever to drain and then go to the rinse cycle.

I haven't used the dryer yet because it's a gas dryer, and I don't want to waste the propane while waiting for the washer to finish the complete cycle.

Is there anything that I need to do special since it's in an RV? I mean I don't have the sewer hooked up but it should still drain into the gray tank. I've never used this type of unit before, not to mention in an RV. Any tips would be great.

The manual doesn't state on how long it takes for the washer to drain, I've already checked it.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:04 PM

5,644 posts, read 25,066,331 times
Had a stacked unit that came with a condo. We used it with good results for over 10 years and left it for the next owner.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:59 PM

17,546 posts, read 66,718,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaniGypsy'sWife View Post
Hey y'all,

We currently bought a Class C RV that has a 110v stacked washer/dryer. I put a small load of clothes in to make sure that they both work well. I set the dials for what I would normally use in my house, and it seems to be taking forever to drain and then go to the rinse cycle.

I haven't used the dryer yet because it's a gas dryer, and I don't want to waste the propane while waiting for the washer to finish the complete cycle.

Is there anything that I need to do special since it's in an RV? I mean I don't have the sewer hooked up but it should still drain into the gray tank. I've never used this type of unit before, not to mention in an RV. Any tips would be great.

The manual doesn't state on how long it takes for the washer to drain, I've already checked it.
Splendide units (ill assume that's what you have) can handle small loads quite well- just watch the weight of the load. Washers can handle more than the dryers. 13-14lbs vs. 10-11. Even less for the non-vented. But I would imagine that the dryer being gas will be a vented version.

Time for a complete cycle varies between manufacturers- but in a RV, who cares? You're on vacation or retired!

Old 03-19-2013, 09:51 AM

107 posts, read 168,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
Splendide units (ill assume that's what you have) can handle small loads quite well- just watch the weight of the load. Washers can handle more than the dryers. 13-14lbs vs. 10-11. Even less for the non-vented. But I would imagine that the dryer being gas will be a vented version.

Time for a complete cycle varies between manufacturers- but in a RV, who cares? You're on vacation or retired!
The dryer works perfectly, and it's electric. My husband and I will be touring this summer; we're musicians so the washer/dryer would save us trips to a laundromat (saves money as well) The washer fills and washes, but stops in the middle of the cycle - I didn't put a large load of clothes in it because it's not a normal house washer. I put in a tshirt, some socks, and a few pairs of underwear just to make sure that it worked.

I have a service call into Sears for them to come and look at it, but I'd thought I'd try this forum first to see if anyone had some advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House