Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 04:54 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,153,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w76/kshellyflorida/bamboo.jpg (broken link)
That's what my hardwood floors looked like when I bought my house in the UK. I re-varnished them before putting it on the market to make them look better but the scratches are still there. It looked pretty awful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2007, 06:30 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,120,978 times
Bamboo floors are energy efficient and much more durable than laminate floors. They also add more value to your home.

Old 07-05-2009, 08:38 AM

12 posts, read 50,840 times
The bamboo in this picture is NOT Strand Woven Bamboo. Strand Woven Bamboo is as durable as your highest grade laminate. You can actually see the "knuckles" in the bamboo that appears in this picture, which are not found in Strand Woven Bamboo.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:54 AM

1,149 posts, read 4,207,721 times
We recently received six samples of various types of bamboo flooring (the brand was Premium Green). All of them were tested with:

Dropping a screwdriver on them from six feet up
Left water on them overnight
Scratched with a key
Stomped on with my foot in a stiletto heel

The one we liked the most (natual horizontal) did fine with the water, but the rest left horrible marks and dents, VERY noticeable. The carbonized horizontal and vertical were even worse, and the marks were even more noticeable. The vertical horizonal left less marks, but the screwdriver left an actual divot.

The only one that showed absolutely no signs of any damage was the natural strand woven. After we noticed that it looked perfect, I actually tried hacking at it with the screwdriver - nothing. The stuff is supposedly as hard as some sort of walnut - whatever it is, it is NOTICEABLY heavier (much more dense) than all the other bamboo. At $3.50/sqft, this is what we are getting.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:48 AM

1 posts, read 1,264 times
TIGER BAMBOO: Has anyone found a sealer or other oil based product that will help to hide the scratches? Has anyone originally had hardwood then changed over to Bamboo and can actually comment from experience that the Bamboo is MORE scratch resistant? I have heard that Tiger can look bad because of it's multi-color finish when it has been scratched. -Dan [email]hd444@mac.com[/email]

Old 05-22-2020, 07:03 AM

1 posts, read 164 times
Yes, I have a great experience with bamboo flooring. Bamboo flooring is a relatively new type of flooring on the market but it’s rapidly becoming one of the most popular choices amongst eco-conscious renovators and builders. Strand woven bamboo flooring, due to its density, provides such a quiet floor for walking and living. Floating floors can be noisy to walk around and live on, but not strand-woven bamboo flooring. You 're going to be impressed with the silence. Bamboo flooring also insulates your house during summer and winter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House