Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 10:32 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,416,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
I HATE bottom freezers. I use my freezer a LOT, and always feel like I have to bend down, and dig in the back, move stuff around to see what's in there. A top freezer is much easier to see what's there. you open the door -- it's already at eye-level and you can see.....no drawers to pull out...no stuff buried under other stuff.
What about the ones that have two drawers on the bottom? I would think that type involves less digging around, because each drawer is more shallow than one large drawer.

Come to think of it, three drawers sounds even better!

I know a lot of people who've build custom homes in the last few years. It's funny, but the only one who opted for a French door is the biggest entertainer of the group. She once owned a bed & breakfast and is a fantastic cook. She loves her bottom-freezer fridge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 08:53 AM

3,074 posts, read 8,030,540 times
Love my french door bottom freezer. Best fridge I ever owned. Sure wouldn't go back to a top freezer or a side by side.

Old 09-14-2012, 10:01 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,873,351 times
After lots of looking I decided I just do not like freezer fridges. Seperate units make a lot more sense.

Old 09-14-2012, 07:14 PM

10,612 posts, read 12,147,558 times
Quote:
because each drawer is more shallow than one large drawer.
The bottom freezer is already more shallow than a top freezer (that's part of the reason I don't like it)...I wouldn't want two drawers that are even MORE shallow.

Old 09-14-2012, 10:24 PM

17,480 posts, read 66,122,593 times
Blenders- too loud!

Toasters- crumbs

Processors- an incredible boat anchor for slicing cucumbers; I can do it almost as fast and a knife takes less than 10% of the space.

Coffee makers- is it an alarm clock or a coffee maker? And who's really "making" the coffee?

Waffle inrons- is there a "no drip" model?

Griddles- great for pancakes. But why is an extra large "flipper" is hard too find?

Hand mixers- is there a "no fling" model?

Electric knife- this one totally baffles me. By making it electrical, it cuts better? I can crave a turkey up in less than 5mins with a knife I could shave with! And even nibble on the small pieces!

Curling irons- it's an oxymoron.

"The" George Forman Grill- without a celebrity name it's just "a grille"(?) Or is it?

Panini maker- Who's really "making" the panini?

Quesadilla maker- See "Panini maker"

Easy Bake Oven- there's nothing "easy" about it when you're the parent overseeing!

Blow Dryer- Actually just "dry" will do.

I'm sure there are other appliances in my own house I'm overlooking but I'm sure everyone can see the irony in a question like "What are your appliance pet-peeves?"

Old 08-12-2013, 10:20 AM

1 posts, read 549 times
My pet peeve is not enough shelves in refrigerators! I want a plain top freezer (2 shelves, please), and a lower fridge with 4 shelves, including the top of the crispers. Or at least the option to purchase extra shelves. So tired of having to improvise with a cookie sheet to make room for multiple casseroles. What's extra capacity without extra shelves? HMMM??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House