Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 07:49 AM

2,600 posts, read 8,796,997 times

Advertisements

Until you have the VIN # run by the dealership or if your not certain about the dealership then call Honda @ 800.999.1009 to see if any of the below are concerns with the vehicle that your interested in.

ECM Update For DTC P1420/P2000 Detect

Engine Controls - MIL ON/DTC P0139 Is Stored In Memory

Steering/Suspension - Vehicle Pulls Left/Right

Body - Windshield Moulding Warped/Deformed

Lighting - Inner Tail Lamps/License Plate Lamps Inop.

Starting System - Starter Grinds While Engine Cranks

Body - Power Windows Inoperative/Intermittent Operation

A/T Controls - MIL ON/DTC's P0706 or P1706

Antitheft System - Alarm Will Not Arm/Arms By Itself

Restraints - Child Seat Anchor Locating Button Missing

Electrical - DTC P1298 Stored in ECM/PCM

Interior - Driver's Seat Rocks Back and/or Forth

Body - Water Leaking Into Trunk

Campaign - Poor Heater Output/Engine Overheating

Vehicle Warranty Mileage Extension

A/T, CVT Start Clutch Warranty Extension

A/T, CVT Drive Belt Warranty Extension
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2014, 01:35 AM

408 posts, read 998,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennesseestorm View Post
To the OP - should be a great car. Just have it checked by a mechanic to make sure it hasn't been abused. They also have high (excellent) crash test scores!

Aerio - I agree with your momma, the '97 Civics seem to have had a higher quality interior than the '05. That was before the Japanese cars started going down on interior quality. The '05 Civic has a much better off-set crash test than the '97 however.

'97 Civic

http://www.iihs.org/frontend/iihs/ra...OjJ9&width=400

'05 Civic

http://www.iihs.org/frontend/iihs/ra...OjJ9&width=400
I thought so too, but maybe this was due to my mom's influence. I mean, she did buy the '97 and drove it daily. I can still remember till this day, at 15 years of age, the interior being quite good and holding on well. I miss it. The '05 keeps well too, but I guess there's a bit of nostalgia involved. At any rate, I can't imagine the
'97 being worthwhile in a crash...

Old 02-07-2014, 10:15 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,715,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don in Austin View Post
No rod noises now, but they can be expected some unknown time down the road.

Don in Austin
She really got lucky, that happened 2 years ago and she has put 25K miles since and suffered no damage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura