Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 08:08 AM

25,871 posts, read 16,585,260 times

Advertisements

Wonderful news! Merry Christmas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2012, 11:05 AM

10,914 posts, read 31,449,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
I had a Corolla for many years and while I liked the reliable car, the seats were uncomfortable, especially on longer drives for my legs. I would really get a muscle ache in my thighs from those seats so if the Civic doesn't have that problem then I think it was the better choice too.
That is exactly the issue I have had with rental Corollas, followed by shooting pains emanating from my lower back. The Civic is much more comfortable, so I think it was a better choice in a compact sedan.

Some contests have fine print regarding selling the car, so always check. You may have to keep the car for at least a year before you sell it, for example, so you have to pay the taxes on it.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 12-22-2012, 05:11 PM

9,544 posts, read 16,568,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
That is exactly the issue I have had with rental Corollas, followed by shooting pains emanating from my lower back. The Civic is much more comfortable, so I think it was a better choice in a compact sedan.

Some contests have fine print regarding selling the car, so always check. You may have to keep the car for at least a year before you sell it, for example, so you have to pay the taxes on it.
I have had 3 Corolla's in my life. The first one was a 1972, then a 1979, and the last and final one was a 1996. I liked all of them other than the first one. That one was always in the shop. Everyone of them especially the last one had uncomfortable seats. I only kept the last one 2 years because I literally could not stand the seats. I decided no more Corolla's for me.

Toyota has had ongoing complaints about the seats in the Corolla for decades. I don't know why the company has never addressed it. Compared to other cars the drivers seat in the Corolla feels to far from the wheel or not high enough. Even when adjusted. Its just seems to have a strange feel to it.

Truthfully think the Corolla is way overdue for a makeover. I mean look how long that model car has been around. I think when I bought my new 1972 Corolla. The Corolla had already been out a few years by then.

I think the Civic is more comfortable also.

Old 12-22-2012, 05:18 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,717,997 times
Congratulations, and happy holidays. That's a nice gift!

Old 12-22-2012, 05:45 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,889,420 times
Congrats!

Old 12-22-2012, 06:18 PM

2,311 posts, read 1,849,167 times
Was browsing the forum list and saw this thread - This is absolutely amazing!

Quote:
have 3 cars, two are 20 years old, one is 17 years old and all have over 200K except one of them and all are gas hogs
You fully deserve a new car. I never owned a new car in my life until recently when I bought a new car. You are so very lucky, I hope your luck continues! Good luck and good driving !

Old 12-22-2012, 06:44 PM

22,414 posts, read 29,543,565 times
That's completely awesome!!! Good for you. Great Christmas present. Enjoy!!!

Old 12-22-2012, 06:48 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,757,679 times
WOW Congrats.....I always wondered if those contests are real...ENJOY

Old 12-22-2012, 07:51 PM

9,544 posts, read 16,568,931 times
With all the misery in the world especially after this past week, with those horrible shootings in Connecticut and Oregon. I think everyone needs to hear some good news. No matter where they are in this world. Just to see someone actually win a brand new car, is something we just really never see. Other than on TV if we watch game shows. Thats about it. So I think your thread has brought smiles to many people, that are searching the web and they see your thread. They can't resist offering their congratulations. Something really spectacular happened to someone. It sure beats all the bad news and violence we continually hear about.

I wouldn't be surprised if winning this new car, isn't the start of a streak of good luck coming your way.

Old 12-22-2012, 07:53 PM

681 posts, read 619,810 times
Congratulations, how did you win it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Honda and Acura