Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 01:18 PM

3 posts, read 11,946 times

Advertisements

Dear Camrynh,
You say, your husband wants to paint it a cranberry color above the chair rail, and white below. I think what really ties a room together is the art work. You need a jumping off place like china. Next you need to really pick a color you won't get tired of. Red take a good primer in a dark tone or you will be painting 7 coats of red on the walls. What about wall paper in case you don't like it? Find a rug, art work , curtains that enhase what you desire out of this room. So, should we be matching to room to our china? No it doesn't have to. I hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 06:40 AM

93 posts, read 225,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boilrmkr View Post

This is the color of my current dining room. I love it. It too goes well with red. The builder chose this color. It is one of the trendy colors of today. If you want the name I can get it for you. I have to look for it.

Boilrmkr, I would love to know the color name and info if it isn't too much trouble.

Old 07-10-2011, 12:59 PM

1 posts, read 1,181 times
yes please tell me the color of that dining room? I love it!! Thanks

Old 07-13-2011, 09:23 AM

5 posts, read 27,751 times
could you upload some pic for your china?

Old 07-14-2011, 03:04 PM

24,100 posts, read 32,454,883 times
I agree with you! Do NOT paint the wall above the wainscoting cranberry or any reddish color! The walls will take over the room and your China will disappear into the cabinet and I know you don't want that!

Do try for something dramatic though, that will enhance your China. I just saw something that I really love in the Ethan Allen Signature Life Style July Sale catalog. I t was a really nice medium deep blue color, featured in a living room with white wainscoting, and accented with blue and white china ginger jar lamps and porcelain accessories.

It is on page 26. The color is almost a denim - lighter than Navy, deep and soft but deep bluish slate. I don't know what color it is but I think it would work beautifully.

Old 10-22-2011, 05:24 AM

29 posts, read 63,206 times
Feng shui colors are extremely powerful and can literally transform a room instantly.

Old 10-23-2011, 02:37 AM

5,284 posts, read 20,047,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerNicole View Post
Feng shui colors are extremely powerful and can literally transform a room instantly.
Oh please.

Old 10-24-2011, 11:10 PM

2 posts, read 1,517 times
Cherry and Cranberry.....ouch !
White wainscoating with a dark wall color chops up a room into stripes.
Pale shades will open up the room - apricot works well with cherry.

Old 11-19-2011, 03:19 PM

1 posts, read 949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boilrmkr View Post
[URL="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=145196&id=1613516490"][/URL]

This is the color of my current dining room. I love it. It too goes well with red. The builder chose this color. It is one of the trendy colors of today. If you want the name I can get it for you. I have to look for it.
Can you please tell what is the name o and code of the color, I love this color is Beautiful please thank you!

Old 11-19-2011, 03:41 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,343,362 times
That color looks very similar to my family room color which is Grassland by SW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating