Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 01:43 PM

Location: where nothin ever grows. no rain or rivers flow, TX
2,028 posts, read 8,122,554 times

Advertisements

the last color i painted was 'Golden Tower' from Lowes. its beige-yellow and turns a little green under incandecent lighting. this color looks great with white trims and achitectural details.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2009, 03:30 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,117,403 times
I must be boring, because my favorite paint color for walls is white (although there are many many shades of white). I like a "warm white". Our house has tons of dark wood so I think the white walls keep it light.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:40 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,795,746 times
I like greens and light grays - greens is my favorite color, you can get so many shades. It's a LIFE color in my mind.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:43 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,321,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesaje View Post
And I really dislike these colors in a room. It makes the room dark and cold. I have a bedroom that the previous owners wallpapered in a medium blue. I have never used that room because it is so cold and unwelcoming. Eventually I will get it all brightened up and get rid of the blue.
Of course color choice is a very opinionated subject. For every person who doesn't like blue, there is someone who does.

A lighter tone of blue does not make a room dark and it adds color to a room. And I would certainly pick blue over green or brown.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:01 PM

5,284 posts, read 20,054,464 times
I like taupy and warm toned beiges - Benjamin Moore makes some beauties - then you can accent with almost any color - reds, blues, golds, browns, greens, creams. I also like warmed greens - on the sage side - those tones go with many colors as well.

That being said, I would never choose a paint before first considering the fabrics, wood tones and overall color scheme and style of decor of each room.

Do you like warm or cool colors? What is your style of decor?

Old 03-03-2009, 08:17 AM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times
I like beiges with rose undertones, or a cafe-au-lait color; sage green; very light yellows and aquas; and linen.

My dining room is terra cotta and is so completely out of character for me that everyone who comes to my house says they wouldn't have expected to see that color in my house.

Old 03-05-2009, 04:18 AM

1,654 posts, read 7,348,871 times
Yellow - it literally goes with everything.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:01 AM

5,019 posts, read 14,117,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattknap View Post
I
Do you like warm or cool colors? What is your style of decor?
Oh fun question. Is it ok with the OP if we head in that direction, or should we start a new thread?

Old 03-06-2009, 05:00 AM

128 posts, read 1,070,917 times
new house Congratz!

Well as for the colors you have already mentioned that you have shortage of sunlight so you need light colors for the whole house.

The shades i would recommend is in tones of blues, beige, fawn, light shades of Olives, lilacs, very light shades of Rosewood for your interiors.

Jeanne
Interior Decorating, Home Design, & Window Treatments in Bucks County, PA - NinaAtHome.com

Old 02-06-2010, 07:54 AM

1 posts, read 2,113 times
Default Gobi Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHokiesGo View Post
This is the same color I just painted my living room, Behr's "Restful" sage green color. It looks great, and we painted our dining room in a darker forest green from the same paint card (slightly different as the dining room is a different brand). But the Restful looks wonderful, it's a very soft green and makes our room feel bright and open. Our living room has lots of natural light from a few large almost floor to ceiling windows, and the sage green was a great choice for us.

We've been painting our entire house, and the other color that really stands out is Behr's "Gobi Desert", it's a light brown/khaki color. It's a really sharp color in the bedroom, and I wish we used it more. We're considering repainting our family room and hallways in that color, except it'd be too much of a pain after just painting them our other color; a light blue/purple color - too purple for my taste- we wanted a slate blue, but it's a little different b/n the paint chip and a full wall) I've actually had bad luck with my slate blue selections so far. I repainted the kitchen twice because the first color was a deep purple once on the wall, and then the family room had a similar purple tint, but a few shades lighter. We wanted a slate gray for the kitchen and family, but have struck out in choosing the right paint chips
You mentioned that you liked Gobi Desert? We have been looking at this color to be the "main" color in our house but we think it may be too light? We have off white trim and we get a lot of light in our house??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating