Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 06:17 PM

61,694 posts, read 87,101,195 times

Advertisements

It depends on your bathing/shower habits and if you want to sell the condo soon ( most people look for a master bedroom with a full bath). But if that doesn't matter then do whatever YOU want and if you mostly just take showers, then make a bath with great, big walk-in shower or even a steam shower. Or do master bath with a nice French tub to soak, or Jacuzzi type tub, or sauna, and the secondary bath with nice shower. Sometimes that depends on the layout of the bathrooms too.
Whatever you do, its you who will enjoy it

Custom Steam Shower | flowers plane
Steam Showers, Steam Rooms, Whirlpool Bathtubs For Your Steam Shower Enclosure - Welcome to my Online Store
or something cool like this ( depending on budget and your style)

LineaAqua*Steam Showers*LineaAqua Apollo Steam Shower Enclosure with Teak Wood Accents, Steam, Rain Shower, Body Sprays, Built-in Seat

Walk in Shower, Safety Concept for your Bathroom Interior - Bathroom - Home Interior Designs Inspiration (http://midhomes.net/2011/01/08/walk-in-shower-safety-concept-for-your-bathroom-interior/ - broken link)

http://thedeepsoakingbathtubstore.com/wp-content/uploads/aes/The-Deep-Soaking-BathTub-Store_4854.jpg (broken link)
Martinique 42 x 70 x 23″ Oval Soaking Bathtub Color: Biscuit, | The Deep Soaking BathTub Store (http://thedeepsoakingbathtubstore.com/martinique-42-x-70-x-23-oval-soaking-bathtub-color-biscuit/ - broken link) very nice and not even expensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2011, 09:35 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
I think it is more often the second bath that has the tub. People with younger kids most likely wouldn't buy a place without a tub in the second bath.

Old 09-28-2011, 05:56 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I think it is more often the second bath that has the tub. People with younger kids most likely wouldn't buy a place without a tub in the second bath.
Agreed. I can understand wanting to add a tub to the master, but I can't understand eliminating the tub from the second bathroom.

Old 09-28-2011, 06:08 AM

5,284 posts, read 20,049,743 times
Elnina - love the shower you posted. We have a jetted tub in our master bath - never use it - it costs a fortune to fill that thing up with hot water....so it collects dust...we will have it taken out at some point. I think that a residence needs one bathtub though.

Old 09-29-2011, 11:41 PM

815 posts, read 2,998,404 times
If you have tubs in both bathrooms, at resale you can claim 2 full baths. It may give your unit an edge over competing listings that would have 1.75 baths or less.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:40 AM

20,793 posts, read 61,303,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richb View Post
If you have tubs in both bathrooms, at resale you can claim 2 full baths. It may give your unit an edge over competing listings that would have 1.75 baths or less.
Or if you do a luxury .75 bath in the master, make sure your real estate agent puts a picture of that room online when you sell the house so people realize that it is a lovely bathroom.

If I saw a .75 master bath listed with a picture like elnina posted above it would be a huge selling point.

Old 09-30-2011, 01:15 PM

1,386 posts, read 5,346,250 times
.75 is it really advertised that way on your area? in mine a shower or a tub makes it a full bath.

I personally would rather have a large shower in the master than a shower tub combo, and I'd also prefer a large shower to a soaking tub and small shower.

definately keep the guest bath as the tub in the house, unless there is a strong desire to have another shower.

Old 09-30-2011, 01:54 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,031,639 times
I would add the tub to the .75 bath so it could be advertised as a 2 bath home. But I do think most people shower and my personal preference would be a great shower in the Master over a tub.

Old 09-30-2011, 02:00 PM

18,468 posts, read 31,635,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
I would add the tub to the .75 bath so it could be advertised as a 2 bath home. But I do think most people shower and my personal preference would be a great shower in the Master over a tub.

yeah I am going to go with the great shower thing.

I would think it would take so much time for the soaking tub to fill, and like most of us, how often do we really get to soak in a tub, (not that we wouldn't like to)......but I can just see after working a long hard day, finally getting into the "fantasy tub" and not more than 2 minutes go by.........I already hear: Papa, come here, my brother is bothering me, no you started!!!, No Papa, he took my crayons, No I didn't, Your a liar. Papa, make him give me my coloring book back, he broke my crayon on purpose. Papaaaaaaaaaaa

talk about a bath fantasy gone wrong!!!!

Old 09-30-2011, 02:11 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,880,812 times
Daughter has condo with full bath in the master and second bedroom, 1/2 bath downstairs..
We recently took out the bathtub/shower combo in the master, and replaced it with a walk-in shower.
Rarely is a tub used unless you have kids to bathe. We still have one tub in case the future owners have kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > House > Home Interior Design and Decorating