Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2009, 10:05 AM

8,805 posts, read 10,255,341 times

Advertisements

Hameltoe, I dont like the crosby hype either, I mean I'm tired of almost every VERSUS game being a Pens game with the annoucers talking about Crosby this Crosby all the time, but, I guess we need to realize that the NHL revolves around Sidney Crosby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 11:17 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,736,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hameltoe View Post
Please, tell me what the hype for Cindy "Crybaby" Crosby is all about? The NHL and VERSUckS has done a really great job promoting thier new favorite player. I see a ton of Crosby jerseys in Detroit even, don't understand. The guy is nowhere near as talented as Malkin or Ovechkin. Datsyuk will always destroy that "kid".

I swear, if I see that commercial with the Pens fan and his TV setup, where Crosby is scoring on Ozzie, I will scream. We all know Detroit won the cup. Where's the Glory?!
Amen to that brother I hated Versus since the start. Sid i don't mind. I hate it with all the publicity, and i would really love it if someone drops him on his butt. 2 give him a wake up call. But it's also the media's fault like Versus thats making a big deal about him. He's a great hockey player but the media just over does everything and yeah they do televise too many Pittsburgh games, and they are right now out of the playoffs. They are tied for ninth.

Old 01-15-2009, 11:40 AM

1,079 posts, read 2,652,144 times
Quote:
Please, tell me what the hype for Cindy "Crybaby" Crosby is all about? The NHL and VERSUckS has done a really great job promoting thier new favorite player. I see a ton of Crosby jerseys in Detroit even, don't understand. The guy is nowhere near as talented as Malkin or Ovechkin. Datsyuk will always destroy that "kid".

I swear, if I see that commercial with the Pens fan and his TV setup, where Crosby is scoring on Ozzie, I will scream. We all know Detroit won the cup. Where's the Glory?!
I can understand being annoyed that he's plastered everywhere (overkill) but I think he's definitely more talented than Malkin or Datsyuk. Ovechkin? I might agree with you there. Ovechkin is ridiculous!

Old 01-15-2009, 12:46 PM

317 posts, read 535,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJickler View Post
I can understand being annoyed that he's plastered everywhere (overkill) but I think he's definitely more talented than Malkin or Datsyuk. Ovechkin? I might agree with you there. Ovechkin is ridiculous!

seriously? If you think Pavs is not as good as Sid, you have a problem. The difference between Detroit and Pittsburgh is huge. Detroit has a ton of solid, all-around play makers. Pens have Sid and Evgeni. Now do you think Pavs would be better if he was on a team where he was the only All-Star?

Think about it. The guy is surrounded by great players and still can get the puck.

Old 01-15-2009, 01:21 PM

1,079 posts, read 2,652,144 times
Quote:
seriously? If you think Pavs is not as good as Sid, you have a problem. The difference between Detroit and Pittsburgh is huge. Detroit has a ton of solid, all-around play makers. Pens have Sid and Evgeni. Now do you think Pavs would be better if he was on a team where he was the only All-Star?

Think about it. The guy is surrounded by great players and still can get the puck.
I just think Crosby is a better playmaker and better overall player. Datsyuk is a better scorer.

Old 01-15-2009, 05:09 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,344,731 times
IMO, I do believe that there is a North American bias towards Crosby simply because Ovechkin is Russian. If any of you saw the game last night, Crosby was really not a factor aside from his usual 2 assists. Ovechkin finds a way no matter what impossible an angle to get the puck in the net, he looks for people to hit to keep them off balance.

Even when Pittsburgh re-took the lead, Ovechkin took the team on his shoulders and inspired them to hit, shoot, and hustle. They wore down the Pens as the game went deep in the third. Crosby simply did not have an answer.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:04 PM

I remember Ovie being drafted in 2004 as I was in Raleigh for that event. Not much was said about him on whatever channel it was on like the way it was when Crosby was drafted in 2005. All the talk that day was "Crosby's gonna save the Pens", "The team is gonna be better", "he gets to to play with Super Mario(Who retired that januarary)", or "The team won't move because of the kid". Funny thing is, Pittsburgh still finished last or close to last that year, and it took until two years ago to assure the Pens were staying put.

Meanwhile Ovie had a decent year, won rookie of the year, scored an incredible goal against Phoenix. Also, to those saying Ovechkin is the Caps, there's another Alexander on that team whose pretty good too, or at least he is against Carolina, Semin is his name.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:14 PM

By the way, Carolina is playing Toronto tonight. We've lost our last 3, my NBA team, Dallas, has lost 4 in a row, and we are down 1-0. Please Canes, win tonight so I can feel better about one of my teams at least, Please?!?!

Old 01-15-2009, 07:07 PM

We just scored before the end of the 2nd to get some momentum going.....too bad we are down by 3, but maybe we can make a comeback???? C'mon, lets go Comeback Canes!!!!!!!

Old 01-15-2009, 08:05 PM

Well that sucks, down 4-0, we tie it at 4, only to lose 6-4 . I'm pleased with the comeback, but pissed at the 4-game no point streak Soo, who wins first, Carolina Hurricanes or Dallas Mavericks?

We gotta beat Buffalo Saturday night, no Overtime loss, Win!!!!!

And I'll say this, Paul Maurice needs to have some kind of motivating speech for Saturday

and watching the post-game press conference, Maurice is obviously pissed at the team, saying some things that cant be said here, but I can see the passion and itensity in his body language that I hope gets into the team.

Last edited by Canes2006Champs; 01-15-2009 at 08:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey