Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2008, 09:43 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,764,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfinnova View Post
The Caps almost gave one away tonight against the Isles, but A.O. showed once again why he's the best in the game with a wicked goal in O.T.
YEAH!!! That WAS an awesome goal wasn't it?!?!? WOOHOOO!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2008, 11:11 AM

4,682 posts, read 12,064,811 times
Meanwhile, the Blues,,, well,,, they continue to give me blues...

Yea, I know rebuilding year and all, but still... frickels...

Old 12-17-2008, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
Meanwhile, the Blues,,, well,,, they continue to give me blues...

Yea, I know rebuilding year and all, but still... frickels...
Seems like it's been a rebuilding year for the Blues for quite a while now...

Old 12-17-2008, 01:29 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,064,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow73 View Post
lol, yea,,, good thing I'm a patient fool.

reminds me of article read few months back: If patience is a virtue, why does it hurt so much? - Words - Books - smh.com.au

Hitting the playoffs for 26 some years [yea, for what that is worth] to the recent/current state of missing 'em, well, that hurts some - nothing like being in the hunt then... But, I am fine with taking a couple steps back, get the young/new guys some experience and legs, let 'em learn the NHL game, their team, their teammates, and so on - let 'em become future stars, instead of the old way we've done: trade talent and potentials for (older) stars. So, if that means that I've got to buy an extra beer to douse my sorrow into during/after a cruddy performance, then yea, will wait... for now. Guess its kinda like watching a kid grow up,,, fumbling about, learning, but ya know they are gonna exceed, survive, and be something special.

Old 12-17-2008, 01:32 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,344,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow73 View Post
That's what I was thinking as well. Isn't this J.D's second year?

Hopefully the Blues can do what the Caps did when they were the cellar-dwellers a few years ago and draft some good prospects then put together a great physical team that isn't afraid of shooting or hitting. Just watching the game last night from 2nd period on, the Caps just threw the kitchen sink at the goal. They got careless in the 3rd and the Isles made them pay for the mistakes.

Just last week they were still winning despite not having Semin, Green, and Federov which is a huge part of their offense. Now with everyone but Federov back they are going to be a juggernaut, very impressive wins over the weekend the thumping of Ottawa then beating the Habs in Montreal.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:59 PM

8,805 posts, read 10,252,600 times
Joe Corvo with a nifty move and goal to beat the as of late red-hot Florida Panthers tonight. Hell of a big game for us Saturday afternoon at Boston to take on the first place-in-the-east Bruins.

Old 12-19-2008, 05:12 AM

1,079 posts, read 2,651,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Joe Corvo with a nifty move and goal to beat the as of late red-hot Florida Panthers tonight. Hell of a big game for us Saturday afternoon at Boston to take on the first place-in-the-east Bruins.
David Krejci has a hat trick for the Bruins, who blew a 5-1 lead against the Leafs. Toronto made it 6-5. Phil Kessel had 2 goals as well. Kessel has a 16 game point streak, the longest since Adam Oates back in 1997. Boston has also won 12 straight at home, the longest since 1975-1976.
The bad thing (besides blowing the lead) is that Marco Sturm came back after being owed, scored in the first minute, only to get hurt again.

We'll see you tomorrow, Canes!

Old 12-19-2008, 01:34 PM

8,805 posts, read 10,252,600 times
Mats Sundin is now a Vancouver Canuck

Old 12-19-2008, 01:48 PM

312 posts, read 861,310 times
go canucks and luango!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-19-2008, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Mats Sundin is now a Vancouver Canuck
Yep I just saw that! Now I gotta see if I can snap him up for my fantasy team. He's got a few goals left in him. I sure could use them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey