Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 10:23 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,931,196 times

Advertisements

The Devils were on quite a roll until Brodeur broke Roy's all-time wins record. Since then, he, and the team, has slumped. Let's hope they can snap out of that funk, lock up the Atlantic Division, and go deep in the playoffs! They outshot Toronto the other day by 3:1 ratio, yet lost 4-1. C'mon Martin, just b/c you are the all-time winner doesn't mean you can quit now!

Congrats on the Rangers for beating Montreal the other day. They're close to securing a playoff position.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 10:26 AM

8,805 posts, read 10,255,341 times
Call me crazy, but I want Florida in the playoffs. Hope they clinch the #8 seed.

Old 04-09-2009, 02:57 PM

2,370 posts, read 7,765,660 times
Almost a must win for the Preds tonight against mighty Detroit as they look to sneak into the playoffs. I'm sure hoping they can. Not even close to a favorite team of mine but since my main teams are in the playoffs already, I just gotta support a southern team. Let's go Preds!!

Old 04-09-2009, 04:46 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,237,767 times
as a sharks fan I'd much rather see nashville in the #8 spot than st. louis at this point - although I never get excited about what no neck and his merry band of goons will get up to in the playoffs.........

Old 04-10-2009, 09:00 AM

1,079 posts, read 2,652,144 times
Bruins-Canadiens game got out of hand last night. Bruins won, though.

Old 04-10-2009, 09:23 AM

Well the final 8 in the East has been set, really wanted to see 3 SE teams in it, oh well, should be a good series of games though, just wish we could grab that #4 seed against probably at this point Philadelphia.

Buffalo beat us last night, but I'm not mad or angry about it, the downside to having a hot streak is that is does eventually cool off, better now than in the playoffs I guess.

I am happy to see Columbus will be in the playoffs.

Old 04-10-2009, 10:36 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,736,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
Don't need to be a math genius

Buffalo Sabres Playoff Chances - Sports Club Stats

Chance of making the playoffs: 1.2%
well that all changed last night. beat the Crap outta the Hurricanes but the Flyers blew it against the Rangers. Everyone said that would be an easy win for Philly. Ha i guess not.

Old 04-10-2009, 03:54 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,065,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow73 View Post
Almost a must win for the Preds tonight against mighty Detroit as they look to sneak into the playoffs. I'm sure hoping they can. Not even close to a favorite team of mine but since my main teams are in the playoffs already, I just gotta support a southern team. Let's go Preds!!
So,,, YOU are the one to blame for that support?!?!?!

Frickin' durn Red Things - they find any which way to bugger up the Blues; either beat us [HA- besides that last game!!! ] or allow blasted Predators to win... that is NOT helping the Blues here people!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff 11 View Post
well that all changed last night. beat the Crap outta the Hurricanes but the Flyers blew it against the Rangers. Everyone said that would be an easy win for Philly. Ha i guess not.
Guess that's why teams actually play these games... lol - look at the Blues, actually winning against nemesis Detroit! But then Preds are supposed to lose also then to Detroit, but NOOOOOOOOO...

C'mon Blues - fan appreciation day in St Louis tonight, show 'em and the Blue Jackets why we are so damn proud of yas!

Old 04-11-2009, 01:41 PM

Well beowulf, It's a possibility now that our teams just might be facing each other in the playoffs

anyone see this from a few days ago?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRCIJKXTrVY

Old 04-11-2009, 07:44 PM

1,966 posts, read 4,344,731 times
Anyone watching HNIC tonight? Look at the tablecloth Don Cherry is wearing tonight. LMAO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey