Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2014, 08:10 PM

42,000 posts, read 75,358,725 times

Advertisements

Well, that had me on the edge of my seat and scared the cats. Two more games like that, please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2014, 08:25 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,053,661 times
The Flyers are still alive.

Old 04-30-2014, 10:17 PM

2,029 posts, read 4,045,936 times
I'm happy that they made it a seven game series, but also disappointed at the same time with that final loss. I think they're getting close, just need to tweak the roster a bit.

I don't know what happened to LeCavalier this season. It looked like he didn't even show up for the play offs. I would include Hartnell not showing up either.

I was glad to hear Berube say he hopes Timonen keeps playing. I hope so too. I'm looking forward to next season...only about five months away! I'm REALLY looking forward and hoping to seeing "The Ghost" getting some play time next season.

I'll keep watching the play offs and rooting against the evil Pens. Boo.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:28 AM

42,000 posts, read 75,358,725 times
Bummer ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouijeewoman View Post
I'm happy that they made it a seven game series, but also disappointed at the same time with that final loss. I think they're getting close, just need to tweak the roster a bit.

I don't know what happened to LeCavalier this season. It looked like he didn't even show up for the play offs. I would include Hartnell not showing up either.
Let the offseason trade rumors begin ... In retrospect, shipping Max Talbot off was a bad idea. LeCavalier was nowhere near as productive.

Quote:
I was glad to hear Berube say he hopes Timonen keeps playing. I hope so too.
Sure hope he's up for it! Still, the team needs to plan for the day when he decides to retire. But who knows, maybe he'll be like Jagr and play forever.

Quote:
I'll keep watching the play offs and rooting against the evil Pens. Boo.
I'm glad the Kings won their series; there has to be one team left for me to pull for. The teams remaining in the Eastern Conference ... no thank you. LOL

Old 05-01-2014, 11:40 AM

It's a shame that MISTER Snyder STILL thinks that it is the 1970's. Apparently, he STILL thinks that his teams should outmuscle everyone.
They will never win a Stanly Cup until he is gone.

Old 05-01-2014, 01:37 PM

696 posts, read 908,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
It's a shame that MISTER Snyder STILL thinks that it is the 1970's. Apparently, he STILL thinks that his teams should outmuscle everyone.
Agree 100%. Look what happened to the Blackhawks once Bob Wirtz was gone.

Old 05-02-2014, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post

I don't think the current team is anything like the team of the 70's. This is not a team full of goons. I just wish that others would stop comparing them to the Broad Street Bullies. That was 40 years ago!

I was hoping they would get rid of GM Holmgren when they brought Hextall back. Homer is to blame for a lot of bad trades and free agent signings. They signed LeCavalier who appears to be past his prime. They trade Talbot for Downie. I could fill up pages on the boneheaded deals they've made. I would have loved to see Briere out there instead of Vinny! I'm really hoping last season was just a fluke for Vinny. I was expecting so much more from him all season, not just in the post season.

I do think they are getting closer to winning a cup. We finally have a good goalie. We had 7 guys with 20 or more goals. We have some great prospects in the minors, especially on defense.

Heck, I didn't even expect this team to make the play offs this year. I love my FlyGuys!

Old 05-02-2014, 12:09 PM

711 posts, read 957,650 times
This coming from a Ranger fan. I think the Flyers look like a team that can win. If Mason played all the games, series may have been different. Vinny still has skills, but his head did not appear to be in the game. Right now, I think they have a good mix of talent and youth going forward. Defense might need some shoring up, but you can't do that with an old slug. And young D usually need some time to mature in their game. I think the future looks bright for the Flyers. And believe me, I hate to say that.
And I was a Ranger fan back in the 70s. The current crop of Flyers is nothing like that of the bullies. The game has changed so much, no team would be allowed to play like they did back then. Milbury is a pass without the P.

Last edited by wadejay26; 05-02-2014 at 12:11 PM.. Reason: reworded

Old 05-07-2014, 10:37 AM

Well, finally a step in the right direction. Hextall named new GM today.

Old 05-07-2014, 02:56 PM

The Flyers made some front office moves today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey