Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 04:13 PM

8,808 posts, read 10,268,375 times

Advertisements

So apparently the NHL brought in meditators to the meetings.

And guess what happened? No progress was made.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2012, 09:09 AM

6,407 posts, read 9,011,310 times
I was reading the last issue of The Hockey News where they wrote there is talk about expanding the NHL by granting 2 new franchises once the labor dispute is settled. Granted, these would both be in Canada (Quebec City and Ontario). Sounds like they may want 32 clubs to set even divisions.

Old 12-05-2012, 09:22 PM

2,029 posts, read 4,045,936 times
The local radio and TV here in Philly sound like a deal will be made. Trying not to get my hopes up too much. I'm ready for hockey! (You would be too if you were an Eagles fan)

Old 12-06-2012, 06:45 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,795,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouijeewoman View Post
The local radio and TV here in Philly sound like a deal will be made. Trying not to get my hopes up too much. I'm ready for hockey! (You would be too if you were an Eagles fan)
It has been a depressing sports season with the Flyers in a lockout and the Eagles being horrible

I can see two more Canadian teams, put one in Quebec City and the other in Hamilton possibly.

Old 12-09-2012, 05:51 AM

2,952 posts, read 5,212,183 times
I'm still amazed, and actually pleased, regarding the fair amount of Bruins caps or t-shirts I still see here near Boston, whether the gym or grocery store or mall. A girl was wearing a Tim Thomas tee at the mall last week; a minute or so later, a teen girl was wearing a Tyler Seguin jersey. It's a lot more Bruins stuff vs. years ago, for sure. Even the AAA guy yesterdays drove up in a Bruins hat.

I'm sure around NYC, one would hardly see a hockey item, especially with the Nets now so hip and happening.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonguy1960 View Post
I'm still amazed, and actually pleased, regarding the fair amount of Bruins caps or t-shirts I still see here near Boston, whether the gym or grocery store or mall. A girl was wearing a Tim Thomas tee at the mall last week; a minute or so later, a teen girl was wearing a Tyler Seguin jersey. It's a lot more Bruins stuff vs. years ago, for sure. Even the AAA guy yesterdays drove up in a Bruins hat.

I'm sure around NYC, one would hardly see a hockey item, especially with the Nets now so hip and happening.
They sell out every game and I would wager it depends on where you look. Manhattan is full of suits and transplants. Aside from Yankee caps, I never saw much sports swag.

I see Coyotes swag nearly every day here in Phoenix and they have one of the smallest fan bases in the league.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:08 AM

416 posts, read 1,091,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
One does not have to be Canadian to love the game (if you meant to imply that Bettman stinks because he's not Canadian).

The game also needs owners and players with brains. Collectively, they have probably crippled the NHL at the worst possible time.
Bettman stinks because he is an idiot, wherever he is from ! !!

Old 12-18-2012, 01:59 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,411,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
I was reading the last issue of The Hockey News where they wrote there is talk about expanding the NHL by granting 2 new franchises once the labor dispute is settled. Granted, these would both be in Canada (Quebec City and Ontario). Sounds like they may want 32 clubs to set even divisions.
Problem Quebec has is the potential owners of the team want the tax payers to pay for everything then they'll just sit back and collect the profits any future team would generate.
The reason they left Quebec in the first place was because the owners had a hissy fit because tax payers wouldnt fund the cost of a new arena...
Quebec? they had their chance and blew it..

Old 12-18-2012, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Problem Quebec has is the potential owners of the team want the tax payers to pay for everything then they'll just sit back and collect the profits any future team would generate.
The reason they left Quebec in the first place was because the owners had a hissy fit because tax payers wouldnt fund the cost of a new arena...
Quebec? they had their chance and blew it..
Like it or not they will have another team.

Old 12-20-2012, 01:48 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,970,400 times
Sad that many bartenders and waitresses in places around the arenas are getting laid off and trying to find new jobs to supplement their income. Ran into two the other night who were interviewing for new jobs as they are finding it hard to make the rent without the tips that hockey provides. Boo Bettman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey