Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Blue Jackets jerseys do you prefer?
Old style 7 31.82%
New style 15 68.18%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 06:20 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,564,331 times

Advertisements

new

hated that bright yellow hockey stick on the old, so out of place.

and the 'c b' is really unrecognizable, to 'kandinskyish' for me.

don't really care for the new sleeves with that stripe pattern but it's kind of unique.

didn't know blue jackets referred to the civil war. those alternates are beautiful.

new symbol is great, a star because it's the capitol and then the flag of Ohio which is unique looking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2014, 01:12 PM

11,377 posts, read 9,293,598 times
Can one of you nice Columbus fans explain to me why there are only 13 stars on the jerseys when 17 would be a better fit? I'm going by the pictures so maybe I am missing something.

I went to a game there once when they played the Capitals a few years ago. We won the game 3-2 and it was a thriller. I was very impressed with the area (very clean), knowledgeable fans, and the way we were treated by everyone. First class all the way. Great discount seats (I went with the Washington Capitals Fan Club), a tour of the facility, morning practice, and down on the ice after the game.

Glad to see your team is improving after a very long drought. You all have very nice fans there. The best experience of the 5 rinks I visited. SJ, LA, NC, NYR are the other 4.
Hard to imagine if there is a worse place than NY.

My vote is for the new style jerseys.

Old 07-17-2014, 05:44 PM

792 posts, read 635,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sithlord72 View Post
I just think the team should be contracted
Er, why? They're a great example of the parity in the NHL compared to other sports like the NBA, especially. They were a laughingstock just 3 years ago; now they made the playoffs and took a good Pens team to 6 games.

Contraction would be a huge mistake. If we absolutely have to move a team, move Florida to Seattle or something.

Old 10-08-2014, 05:52 PM

7,082 posts, read 8,954,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
Can one of you nice Columbus fans explain to me why there are only 13 stars on the jerseys when 17 would be a better fit?
I don't get it either when there are 17 stars on the state flag, because Ohio was the 17th state.

My big issue is the horrid lettering for the player names on the back, worst in the NHL.

Old 11-10-2014, 06:31 AM

3,739 posts, read 2,569,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
I don't get it either when there are 17 stars on the state flag, because Ohio was the 17th state.
Good point.. I never noticed, but the stylized Jacket's state flag is short a couple stars. I assume it was done to reduce some of the potential clutter on their jerseys (?) The earlier Jackets jerseys also were short Ohio's traditional 17 stars..

I was never really feelin' the Columbus bug mascot, I don't know if they still use him (?) I prefer the imagery & alignment with the inspiration for their team name.. Union army stuff. They could maybe develop a yoked-up Union soldier mascot, built like Michigan State's Sparty..

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Hockey