Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 03:53 PM

6 posts, read 10,917 times

Advertisements

I have a group of college friends back in Utah that I used to D&D with once a week. I haven't really been able to find anyone who likes to do that kind of thing since moving to California though. I must admit its not the first thing I share with people, but I really do enjoy the fun of getting together and following the story of a good DM. The only thing I really don't like participating in is LARP, that can get kinda strange.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 08:47 AM

616 posts, read 1,163,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleMage View Post
Any role players out and about? I don't see a search feature so I'm not sure if this topic has been covered or not. Anyways I'm new and looking for people with similar interests and one of the first forums that caught my eye was Hobbies. Since I believe hobbies and interests are what make a person interesting after all

Anyways, *Crosses fingers* I know you're out there.

Boy, if you lived in Northern California I'd have to hook you up with one of my older brothers. Not only is he an expert D&D player, but he can draw and create such a vast and amazing array of characters you'd be in D&D heaven! Rats!!

Old 01-02-2009, 09:41 AM

That is a bummer, I'm really hoping I can find a group of players at least within an hour of where I live (San Bernardino County). It would also be kinda nice of they were around my age too. I'm 26, and even though playing with teenagers isn't completely bad its pretty nice to play with people around my age too.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:49 AM

2,905 posts, read 7,354,036 times
I opened this up because I remeber my brother playing Dungeons and Dragons as a kid. He was really into it.

Re the search feature, I couldn't find it either when I was new here, if you open the hobbies page, the "search" button is on the right, just below the numbers indicating how many pages in the forum.

Old 01-02-2009, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickademous View Post
That is a bummer, I'm really hoping I can find a group of players at least within an hour of where I live (San Bernardino County). It would also be kinda nice of they were around my age too. I'm 26, and even though playing with teenagers isn't completely bad its pretty nice to play with people around my age too.
Well my brother is soon to be 42 in June, however he still remains youthful and lusty in this area of his life. He is a bit of a know-it-all personality but well worth putting up with for this area he is so great in! Hope you find someone with my brother's expertise, but that will be hard because his talent is quite rare. Good luck!

Old 01-02-2009, 11:59 AM

Thanks, I'll just have to keep looking. I mean, there has got to be more roleplayers in California than in Utah!

Old 01-02-2009, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickademous View Post
Thanks, I'll just have to keep looking. I mean, there has got to be more roleplayers in California than in Utah!

You would think

Old 01-02-2009, 04:41 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,402,292 times
Go to meetup.com- they've got D&D and general RPG meetups in most areas.

Old 01-02-2009, 05:02 PM

thanks!!=)

Old 01-03-2009, 11:02 PM

622 posts, read 1,725,034 times
I love D&D! I don't get to play nearly as often as I'd like- it's been over a year! But there are some really great sci-fi/fantasy books out there to reas so I do get a bit of magic in my life...lol. I do browse chessex.com occasionally to indulge in some dice..hehe.

One game I've always wanted to play but never found peeps to play was Vampire:the Masquerade and the Werewolf game by White Wolf. Those games look great! Jealous of the poster who says he still gets to play!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation