Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2010, 09:19 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,011,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus Podgorny View Post
Wow, TexasReb is a re-enactor? Color me convinced of the error of my ways!

You defend the war because you are a secessionist apologist. They are the only people who do. ZYou're just a 'States' Rights' extremist who loathes the Federal Government, mainly because they interefered with your quaint little institutions down there. Tough. Deal with it.

Southerners are ignorant because they are prideful of their 'uniqueness'. They ought to be ashamed of their history and instead, people like you and dumb hick country singers rejoice in it.
Good Lord man! Haven't I explained enough? Secession is not an inherently bad thing! And your comments about southerners further prove my point, anything, remotely A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G that puts the south and it's culture in any positive light you gnash in irrational hatred at. Oh and dumb ignorant country singers huh? I guess all the GOOD country singers like Charley Pride, Charlie Daniels, Johnny Cash and others would universally disagree with you. Face it, your predjudiced, your hateful and you pride yourself in it, and you direct it towards southerners or anyone who gets the courage and gumption to defend them. The south is the only region of the country that is not homogenized into the greater lexicon, and you resent that!

Old 01-12-2010, 09:28 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,298,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
Good Lord man! Haven't I explained enough? Secession is not an inherently bad thing! And your comments about southerners further prove my point, anything, remotely A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G that puts the south and it's culture in any positive light you gnash in irrational hatred at. Oh and dumb ignorant country singers huh? I guess all the GOOD country singers like Charley Pride, Charlie Daniels, Johnny Cash and others would universally disagree with you. Face it, your predjudiced, your hateful and you pride yourself in it, and you direct it towards southerners or anyone who gets the courage and gumption to defend them. The south is the only region of the country that is not homogenized into the greater lexicon, and you resent that!
LOL!!! You could explain it 8 more times....(Mod Cut) I find it hard to believe that someone can parrot the same crap over and over and over again without ever engaging in any discussion about the topic and labels anyone on the other side of the argument with straight-up, unwarranted vitriol.....
(Mod Cut)

Last edited by Thyra; 01-13-2010 at 06:51 AM.. Reason: Personal attacks

Old 01-12-2010, 09:29 PM

177 posts, read 266,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus Podgorny View Post
Yeah, you were whipped. Your President ran away and hid wearing his wife's dress. That's about as whipped as you get. And then you decided to get even by terrorizing people who could do nothing about it. Real men.
If brains were leather, Y'ALL couldn’t saddle a flea!

Old 01-12-2010, 10:48 PM

22 posts, read 19,979 times
Quote:
Secession is a bad thing, in the South's case. They wanted to preserve the institution of slavery. Just admit that the Confederate states fought for slavery. Nothing to celebrate about.

The south bought this kind of hatred upon themselves. Just look at it's racist history.

And Coon dog, stop posting silly country songs to prove your point like the Confederacy were the righteous ones. Funny how those songs don't mention slavery at all.

And just because one black person, ONE celebrates a war that would ensure that he would be a slave if the Confederates had won, does not represent the majority of how we blacks feel about the war. If it were up to me, I'd rip those flags apart.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:59 PM

900 posts, read 673,370 times
Quote:
Try and understand this. Secession for the purpose of maintaining slavery as a way of life is not only a bad thing, it's an evil thing. And you continue to defend it. At least you're not doing it with stupied hillbilly songs.

"...homogenized into the greater lexicon..."

My what an interesting phrase. Yes, we certainly can't have any of that homegenization, can we?

Sounds like the kind of thing you might read on Stormfront's website, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

There is nothing postive about southern culture, so luckily it's fairly easy for me to dismiss it as simplistic, racist, uber-patriotic (which is ironic, considering they tried to destroy the country they now proclaim to love so much), paranoid, and backward.

The only culture that does exist, in the big cities, had to be imported from the North. As did almost everything else.

Old 01-12-2010, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coon dog View Post
If brains were leather, Y'ALL couldn’t saddle a flea!
Ahh, the 'Y'all' Brigade makes a return visit. It's sort of like Sarah Palin dropping the 'g' at the end of words. It's done to appear down home and folksy, but all it does is make you sound dumb.

Old 01-12-2010, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
LOL!!! You could explain it 8 more times.... I'm becoming more and more convinced that he's simply a troll. I find it hard to believe that someone can parrot the same crap over and over and over again without ever engaging in any discussion about the topic and labels anyone on the other side of the argument with straight-up, unwarranted vitriol.....

I find it hard to believe anyone can be quite so thick....

I'd suggest you listen to Georgia Frog's southern song. I think it sums up the attitude of your side quite nicely.

Nice work, Frog. You've summed up the south and their 19th century attitudes far better than I could ever have done. I especially liked the lyrics about how much you all despise the American flag.

Classic!

Old 01-12-2010, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post

Thanks for posting this Frog. I think it sums up the attitude of the Secessionist/Slavery defenders far better than I could do. Did you get a little warm feeling in your groin when he sang about how much he hated the American flag?

Come on now, you can admit it! Of course you did.

At least you're honest in your hatred and bigotry.

Old 01-13-2010, 05:58 AM

3,047 posts, read 2,827,047 times
"Slavery at White Haven" including a copy of the document written and signed by Grant freeing his slave, William Jones in 1859. Grant purchased the slave from his father in law.

The document is on PDF format.

http://crm.cr.nps.gov/archive/20-2/20-2-6.pdf

I saw no Confederate flag on the government website.

Old 01-13-2010, 06:11 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,298,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
"Slavery at White Haven" including a copy of the document written and signed by Grant freeing his slave, William Jones in 1859. Grant purchased the slave from his father in law.

The document is on PDF format.

http://crm.cr.nps.gov/archive/20-2/20-2-6.pdf

I saw no Confederate flag on the government website.
Well see.... The North is absolved because they released their slaves sooner.... Never mind that if one is going to hate southerners over attrocities committed in the past, one must ALSO hate, Germans, Russians, Chinese, Japanese, British, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese, oh... AMERICANS, etc, etc, etc...

Maybe Angus is Canadian? They have a relatively clean past and it would make him less of a hypocrite...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > History