Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2009, 05:17 PM

442 posts, read 1,578,967 times

Advertisements

It started out with a sinus infection but now it's mainly in the throat area with swollen tonsils . I'm on my 2nd bottle of antibiotics from the clinic and there's no relief. I have an appointment with the doctor in the morning, but this is almost unbareable. I can't even hear anything, it's all stuffy and plugged up and I can barely swallow, stinging scratchy throat. I've been eating mainly soft foods and the usual remedies (gargle salt water, chix noodle soup, throat lozenges, nyquil, vix vapor rub, etc).

Any remedies I could try in the mean time while I wait for tomorrow's doctor's prescription to kick in?

TIA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 04:24 AM
ino

680 posts, read 2,499,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyMissAshley View Post
It started out with a sinus infection but now it's mainly in the throat area with swollen tonsils . I'm on my 2nd bottle of antibiotics from the clinic and there's no relief. I have an appointment with the doctor in the morning, but this is almost unbareable. I can't even hear anything, it's all stuffy and plugged up and I can barely swallow, stinging scratchy throat. I've been eating mainly soft foods and the usual remedies (gargle salt water, chix noodle soup, throat lozenges, nyquil, vix vapor rub, etc).

Any remedies I could try in the mean time while I wait for tomorrow's doctor's prescription to kick in?

TIA!
Don't forget to rub vix on the soles of your feet when retiring for the night. I suppose you are putting some vix in a bowl of hot water and sticking you face over it with a towel covering your head and inhaling the fumes for a while? If you can get hold of some quality Colloidal Silver, nasal spray it, inhale it using an atomiser or nebulise it, gargle and then swallow it, any or all of these. Apart from that I guess all you can do is ride it out til it clears up, and keep on taking liquids and soft foods as you are. If you've got white spots on the tonsils, then it's tonsilitis...I think you call it strep throat don't you? I've had that more times than I care to remember when I was younger!

Old 05-19-2009, 03:46 PM

3,131 posts, read 11,648,036 times
I have been sick too! I was finding a little relief from the stuffy and throbbing head by taking a hot shower. the extra steam helped loosen things up for a while. mine was also making my ears hurt. I rub vicks on my neck and wrap it up! gotta love the vicks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness