Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you wash your hands after visiting the restroom?
Yes 168 88.89%
No 21 11.11%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 07:48 AM

35,308 posts, read 52,603,026 times

Advertisements

While some wash their hands and some dont and some wash their hands sometimes most people dont get too carried away with the issue. cremebrulee you seem to have an obsession about it to the point of phobia. .. does any of this sound familiar? http://phobias.about.com/od/phobiasl...mysophobia.htm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2014, 09:41 AM

29,814 posts, read 34,710,023 times
A friend who's a teacher just posted a picture on FB of an experiment she did with her class--wearing latex gloves, she put a piece of bread in a baggie (marked "control") then she took the gloves off, washed her hands and put another piece of bread in a baggie marked "clean." Then she passed a piece of bread around so all the kids handled it and put it in a baggie marked "dirty." After two weeks, both the control and the clean bread slices had some spots of mold on them, but the dirty slice was just completely black and green with growth. Your hands are dirty, people.

Old 12-18-2014, 09:52 AM

36,753 posts, read 14,942,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
I find the doors on restrooms a problem, you still need to touch them to get out, and not everyone washes.
I always wash my hands, and thoroughly. As far as the door goes, if it has a doorknob/handle, I grab a clean sheet of paper toweling.

Old 12-18-2014, 01:06 PM

35,308 posts, read 52,603,026 times
As a bit of a side note to the topic is some suggested reading on the state of much of the worlds access to actual sanitary toilets .We seem to be quite pampered in most of western society
Rose George » The Big Necessity

Old 12-18-2014, 05:26 PM

29,044 posts, read 30,505,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
While some wash their hands and some dont and some wash their hands sometimes most people dont get too carried away with the issue. cremebrulee you seem to have an obsession about it to the point of phobia. .. does any of this sound familiar? All About Msyophobia - Fear of Germs
no, it isn't a phobia....

We discussed this at work and thought it would make a good topic, and to also educate people who don't wash their hands after visiting the rest room, that maybe they should.

Years ago, my sister worked with a group that was constantly getting sick....they finally checked the candy dish in the labs and it was contaminated with all kinds of bacteria.

When you work with people, at least where I work, we have elevators, staircases with railings, and the water, plus ice in the freezer and I cannot stand the thought of someone not washing their hands afterwards and then touching the mirco wave where i put my food. That is not a phobia, that is disgusting and thoughtless of people not to wash their hands, very poor hygene.

As I said before, I have MS which compromises my immune system, therefore, I not only catch things easily but also get sicker then most when I do.

Old 12-20-2014, 01:14 PM

33,102 posts, read 36,812,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Always. But, if I may inquire, those who wash hands after using the bathroom, do you then grab the door knob with your freshly washed hands?
No. If there are no paper towels, I use my sleeve.

Old 12-20-2014, 02:56 PM

29,044 posts, read 30,505,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
No. If there are no paper towels, I use my sleeve.
tell him to go back and read thru the thread for his answer.....

Old 12-20-2014, 03:05 PM

23,649 posts, read 14,263,665 times
When I am at the rifle range, I use the facilities afterwards.

For industrial safety reasons, I wash my hands before.

For biological safety reasons, I was my hands after.

Old 12-22-2014, 11:07 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,748,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
Not usually - no. I usually use a paper towel and the doors don't always have knobs. Some like Super Walmarts or Costco's don't even have doors (zig zag opening). However, there are some restroom facilities (eating establishments) wherein they have replaced the paper towels with air dryers - conserving use of paper and they (some) do have knobs on their doors If I can't readily grab a kleenex tissue from my purse, what choice do I have? Wait for someone to come in? I could be waiting awhile - depending on what time of day I'm in there.
Toilet paper! Grab some and leave it on the floor. I don't touch dirty handles after washing my hands. Totally defeats the purpose. If they can't be bothered to put the doors on so I can just push with my forearm or leave a trash can by the door, then I can't be bothered to not leave paper behind.

Old 12-23-2014, 03:38 AM

6,625 posts, read 6,608,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Ah man!!

Did the lady know IT WAS YOU who reported??

Quite brave my friend!!
Oh yes, she gave me quite a dirty look when I glanced her way as I was leaving. I didn't care at all. It looks good on her!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness