Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2013, 07:46 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,375,580 times

Advertisements

I have an issue with this and it seems to be worse than ever. I take a medication that causes it, and have taken it for 28 years. Geez, that seems like forever.

Anyways, I have noticed the past few days just walking from my vehicle to the store I start to feel like I am on fire on my arms.

I need to be using sunscreen but I usually forget these days. I used to keep it in my car but I hear that is not good for the sunscreen.

Does anyone else have this issue and if so, what have you found to work best for you?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2013, 08:07 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,851,628 times
My natural skin tone is "fish belly white" as I was a redhead before I turned gray. I use SPF 50 lotions like Blue Lizard - the best that I have found. If I am going to be in the sun for any length of time, I use it.

Otherwise, I use moisturizer with SPF 30. I guess I am not as sensitive as you since my arms don't burn on the trips going into/out of stores and I don't put moisturizer on my arms. If you use sunscreen in the morning as you get dressed, it should last a long time in the house. Or put it where you keep your car keys so you remember to put in on before you leave. It takes some time to soak in and be most effective, so maybe keeping it on the kitchen counter would remind you earlier?

Old 06-30-2013, 03:07 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,092,139 times
I have rosacea and it's getting to the point I can't be out in the sun very long either. I have trouble using sunscreen because my rosacea makes my skin overly sensitive. I'm starting to keep hats in my car. It's so much easier to throw on a hat for protection. It's better for my skin than putting chemicals on it too.

Buy a sun protection jacket made of lightweight airy fabric. Keep it in your car for when you forget to use sunscreen. Get it in a neutral color, white or beige, so it goes with whatever you're wearing.

Old 06-30-2013, 05:29 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,851,628 times
I bought a hat from www.solutions.com that has a UPF of 50 (same as SFP 50). I love that site, they have so many wonderful products!

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 07-01-2013, 10:21 AM

1,212 posts, read 2,254,231 times
Also carrying an umbrella will help when you're walking around. Still need sunscreen or something to cover up while in the car though

Old 07-01-2013, 11:00 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,449,267 times
I once had a round raised place appear on my face and it didn't disappear for a year. Doctor said it was caused by the sun and the more I was in the sun, more places were likely. So very little sun for me. I have lupus (SLE) among several other serious conditions, as in diseases which aren't contagious.

Old 07-04-2013, 10:32 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,375,580 times
I have been making sure to use sunscreen when I go out now. I am keeping it right by the back door and I am not sizzling when I walk from the car to the store, etc. Yay to that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness