Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 01:28 PM

1,424 posts, read 5,336,790 times

Advertisements

Did the doctor give you "post op" instructions? What did the dr suggest as far as the use of vaseline, ointment and saline? Are you maybe "messing with" your nose too often?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2010, 03:31 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,309,853 times
Yes, the coke was a joke... Sorry

Old 12-12-2010, 03:53 PM

4,237 posts, read 24,777,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by didee View Post
Did the doctor give you "post op" instructions? What did the dr suggest as far as the use of vaseline, ointment and saline? Are you maybe "messing with" your nose too often?
By "post op" you mean as to what to do afterwards? If so, not really. After he got done doing the cautery and putting some ointment up my nose, he sent me on my way with a "you're done have a nice day".

Beforehand he did mention to ensure I kept my nose moist and if the bleeding were to restart, to blow the clots out, shoot up some Afrin and hold my nose for 10 minutes. Despite me doing all of this it still keeps reoccurring.

He did recommend the saline and Vaseline. However on one occasion I shot some saline up my nose and then it started bleeding. Another time I was putting some Vaseline up my nose and it started bleeding.

Something I have wondered about...what is it that normally keeps the nasal passages moist? Is it the body's oil?

Old 12-20-2010, 09:19 PM

4,237 posts, read 24,777,350 times
Still wondering about what keeps the nasal passages moist. But I ended up getting electro cautery this morning so let's hope this fixes it....though the doc did say that cautery is not a guaranteed to keep the bleeding from reoccurring.

Old 08-24-2012, 12:10 AM

1 posts, read 906 times
im 16 years old and ive also gotten frequent nosebleed i do remember when i was 7 it was winter nd i ran into a pole i had a nosebleed that scared the nurses but eventually stopped i have always thought my nosebleed mite be related to that accident because since then i remember frequent nose bleeds my nosebleeds last a long time nd i have had a horrible experience when i sneezed and all of a sudden i was dripping blood from my mouth nd nose imposible to stop lasted probably 30 mins i was at school and the nurse freaked i had to tell her to calm down that i could deal with it recently tho my nose bleeds when im sleeping the blood goes directly to my throat nd i feel like im choking its been happening now every night i can barely sleep i read earlier comments and saw about the blood pressure thing but mines good i also notticed that it bleeds mostly from the left side...should i be worried help? my parents are getting really worried cuz i get dizzy or headaches but i tell them its normal

Old 08-24-2012, 09:31 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,818,191 times
You need to see your doctor. You could have a nasal polyp which bleeds. If so, that is easily removed. You could just have fragile veins. You could have any number of things but only your doctor can figure it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness