Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 02:19 AM

2,267 posts, read 3,297,599 times

Advertisements

I have had makeup on only once or twice this year...so I think I'm good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2007, 08:03 AM

72,414 posts, read 18,200,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_from_Debary View Post
I have had makeup on only once or twice this year...so I think I'm good.
I envy you Do you have that golden tan? I am so jealous

Old 06-30-2007, 08:18 AM

5,168 posts, read 11,438,003 times
I always thought asian women have much nicer skin than white women ;-)))

Old 06-30-2007, 11:09 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,357,424 times
Don't wear make up here... not since high school! Only Burts Bees on the lips. I agree that Asian womens skin is beautiful. I am as white as...rice? LOL I think that since I have been walking so much maybe a little bit not so 'rice' LOL

But, no makeup.

Old 06-30-2007, 06:14 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,297,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonten View Post
I envy you Do you have that golden tan? I am so jealous
I do try to keep up a tan as much as posible. That hides the slightly darker skin under my eyes...I always wear chapstick but thats about it.

I am to the point where I can't stand wearing makeup. I have really nice light makeup from Clinique but I still can't stand the feel of it on my face.

I might wear Mascara also...but not even that in months and months.

Old 06-30-2007, 10:02 PM

72,414 posts, read 18,200,999 times
Asian woman iin Japan,Taiwan,Singapore,some parts of China have beautiful skin due to the humidity.It is extremely humid in those countries,especially during the summer.After the women come to the U.S. they would use tons of cream because it is so dry out here.So they carry umbrellas,use those shades that cover the front of the faces and stay in shades.That's how my friends are.You don't see a lot of Asians at the beach.

Old 07-02-2007, 01:34 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,326,850 times
Woe. I had know idea. Thank u for this information. I use make up on a regular basis, not daily though. I don't think any of my makeup has the expiration date written on is and some of it I know I have had for over a year. I guess I will have to throw it out even if the colors r nice and I can't find them anymore.

Old 07-02-2007, 07:11 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,020,621 times
I am an old hippie so never wore that much makeup to begin with; I first began using lipstick at age 40. However, after all those years in the arid Mile High City, I certainly have some sun damage.
Wasn't it rumored that Queen Elizabeth I had died of lead poisoning because of her white makeup?
There are plenty of chemicals we get exposed to all the time, from toothpaste to cleaning products. I guess all we can do is try to reduce it as best we can.

Old 07-02-2007, 02:29 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,182,701 times
How many pounds of makeup would you have to buy in order for 5lbs of the stuff to be absorbed by the skin?

When you add on the weight of the bottles and jars, maybe you should re-enforce the cabinet in the bathroom to carry it all.

Old 07-02-2007, 10:05 PM

1,082 posts, read 3,779,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonten View Post
Oh! I will not have any plastic surgery,but what happens if you have spots on your face,asians when they age have dark spots.It looks awful.I envy the white skin,I usually just have a little makeup and lipstick,otherwise I would look washed out.That is why asians don't go under the sun much.I wish I had known this would happen.But when I was young I loved to go the beach and get a suntan.But the damage starts slowly ovetime.Asians don't tan as well as caucasians.We don't have the golden tan.I just turn dark,with black spots.Ugh
Asians are not the only ones who get age spots...trust me. Try mineral makeup..natural and does not absorb into the skin. With what we know about the suns effects on skin, why anyone in this day and age would tan is beyond me! Unless you like wrinkles and skin cancer???
MBG
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness