Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2010, 12:53 AM

6 posts, read 12,090 times

Advertisements

Trying to find useful info on the net for long haired men is HARD. If I forget to specify men's in my google search, oh boy... there's an entire cosmos of information about women's hair out there that is so vast it overwhelms my small brain and frightens me. There's less info generally on men's hair, but for men's long hair specifically, finding a good page or article is a task and a half. I usually try to find pics when I go to get mine cut, I find it's more reliable than describing what I want, but just finding the pics can take hours (I sometimes have to do a bit of photoshopping).

Next comes styling products, and my god I'm hopeless here. No problem when I had short hair, dead easy. Since I've grown it long again, not only have I failed to find suitable product on my own, I'm having real trouble finding useful info on the net. My hair's kinda like this:

http://www.hairstylesdesign.com/gall...rstyles_01.jpg

Not the same style but it's about the same length & straightness, and fine (exact same colour too, fwiw). Not quite as thick and luxurious as his, the swine. All the products I've tried have been (a) such light hold that I might as well have nothing on, (b) clumps strands of hair together so much that it makes it look thin, and/or (c) gives an oily/lank finish. Probably the best result yet for me was Beever Wax no 3 applied by the guy who cut my hair, but guess what? It looked great in the salon, then wore off after about 10 paces down the street. I'm aware that some products are worse when applied all the way through the hair, making it hang more heavily - I've tried varying the way I apply, obviously no luck yet, that's why I'm here begging for help

What I'd like is something that'll give me a bit of texture, I guess mid-strength hold (I'm thinking just a little stronger than Beever Wax 3) - most importantly, it needs to last and not clump/thin out hair. Anyone got any recommendations? And while I'm starting this thread primarily to get help for me, if you've found problems or solutions with other male long hair types, please feel free to add & help others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care