Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 06:58 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,817,749 times

Advertisements

If you could design your dream hair product, what would it to your hair and why?

What's something you can't stand in a product and what do you love about other products?

I personally like the smell in products. I love a product that is moisturizing but isn't oily. I have used some products in the past and while they moisturized, two or three days later my skin was breaking out.

My dream hair product would have natural and organic ingredients, it would smell like coconut, it would moisturize my hair and make it appear shiny without clogging my pores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 07:15 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,589,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
If you could design your dream hair product, what would it to your hair and why?

What's something you can't stand in a product and what do you love about other products?

I personally like the smell in products. I love a product that is moisturizing but isn't oily. I have used some products in the past and while they moisturized, two or three days later my skin was breaking out.

My dream hair product would have natural and organic ingredients, it would smell like coconut, it would moisturize my hair and make it appear shiny without clogging my pores.
Then you would love pure, unrefined, extra virgin coconut oil. I will sing the praises of this stuff until the end.

I get it at stores like Whole Foods Market or the local health food store. is a very light oil (even though its solid at room temperature) It easily penentrates the hair shaft so it doesn't sit on the surface making your hair or scalp greasy. And even though its an oil, it also has moustirizing qualities.

Old 08-26-2009, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Then you would love pure, unrefined, extra virgin coconut oil. I will sing the praises of this stuff until the end.

I get it at stores like Whole Foods Market or the local health food store. is a very light oil (even though its solid at room temperature) It easily penentrates the hair shaft so it doesn't sit on the surface making your hair or scalp greasy. And even though its an oil, it also has moustirizing qualities.
I'm pretty sure the coconut oil I have is pure and unrefined. As for extra virgin...::runs to bathroom to check:: nope. Once this can runs out I'll get extra virgin but it will be a while though. It lasts so long considering how short my hair is.

Old 08-27-2009, 01:27 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,186,323 times
Helene Curtis used to put out this shampoo that to me, smelled like crisp autumn apples.

Haven't seen the stuff since the 80's, but it came in a Red bottle, and it smelled heavenly.

I have super oily hair, and now that we live with hard water well, I ended up cutting 12 inches off and donating it because I could not get it fixed.

So...my dream product would smell like those crisp apples, make my hair shiny, soft, and manageable, while controlling the oils in my hair.

I bought some hard water shampoo at Sally's, but after just one use, I can't get my fingers through my hair. It's just awful!

Old 08-27-2009, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katlakat View Post
Helene Curtis used to put out this shampoo that to me, smelled like crisp autumn apples.

Haven't seen the stuff since the 80's, but it came in a Red bottle, and it smelled heavenly.

I have super oily hair, and now that we live with hard water well, I ended up cutting 12 inches off and donating it because I could not get it fixed.

So...my dream product would smell like those crisp apples, make my hair shiny, soft, and manageable, while controlling the oils in my hair.

I bought some hard water shampoo at Sally's, but after just one use, I can't get my fingers through my hair. It's just awful!

Have you looked into a filter?
I could have sworn they have a filter that helps with hard water.

Old 08-27-2009, 09:38 AM

1,318 posts, read 5,280,529 times
Quote:

Try using distilled water as your final hair rinse. Its cheap and you can get it in large bottles in the water section of your grocery or Walmart store. Try it!
I used to do this when I didnt have soft water.

Greenchili

Old 08-27-2009, 06:14 PM

1,384 posts, read 3,186,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Have you looked into a filter?
I could have sworn they have a filter that helps with hard water.
We have a water softener. I'm renting a place and the landlord refuses to try anything b/c he said the town we live in is horrible with sediment and iron.

I'll try the distilled water suggested, I'd love to have shiny hair again.

My hair looks like birds have nested and pooped in it all day, and that's right after it dries from the shower!!

Old 08-27-2009, 07:40 PM

Quote:
We have a water softener. I'm renting a place and the landlord refuses to try anything b/c he said the town we live in is horrible with sediment and iron.

I'll try the distilled water suggested, I'd love to have shiny hair again.

My hair looks like birds have nested and pooped in it all day, and that's right after it dries from the shower!!
I'm wishing you the best of luck.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:20 PM

2,324 posts, read 7,647,326 times
This is off the subject but back in the 50's there was a product called Charles Antell that was supposed to be a miracle compound with lanolin that would keep you from going bald. It was many years later that someone actually had a lab analyze the stuff and it was identical to lard.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:36 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,460,517 times
My hair is fine and thin, but also wavy, frizzy and oily! It's also halfway down my back. I'd love a product that made my waves smooth and shiny, without making it look oily or weighed down, made it look a little fuller, and kept the frizz away all day.

It would also have to be something I could put in my hair right after a shower, comb through and then air dry, because I don't like to fuss. It should have a light, but not overpowering, scent and be as natural as possible.

I currently use the Frizz-Ease creme, which works ok most of the time, but if I put in too much it looks greasy, and if I get into a breeze my hair just gets frizzy and wild again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care