Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 01:16 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,824,943 times

Advertisements

I've heard that if you bleach it a little whiter, then use a purple wash (like what it used to keep brassy tones out of blonde hair), it'll make your hair a serious silver.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 02:07 PM

147 posts, read 627,142 times
I think Paula Deen's silver/grey hair is absolutely beautiful. I wonder what her original hair color was when she was younger? I'm just starting to go grey, but if I could have Paula's kind of grey I would definitely speed up the process!

Old 06-08-2009, 07:53 PM

1 posts, read 8,902 times
I just ordered and received a bottle of Glorious Grays from MTBeautySupply.com. I am going to try it tomorrow.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:59 PM

18,387 posts, read 19,012,572 times
I have used the wella toner at the beauty shop and really liked it. the beauty supply store will not sell toner to any one without a lic. I would love to touch up my ends without going to the salon. the lower half of my hair is still bleached blonde so a nice toner would even it out. I shall see if I can find some of the glorious grays. is that a die or a rinse? toner? thanks.

Old 06-09-2009, 04:44 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,953,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradoan View Post
I think Paula Deen's silver/grey hair is absolutely beautiful. I wonder what her original hair color was when she was younger? I'm just starting to go grey, but if I could have Paula's kind of grey I would definitely speed up the process!
My sister-in-law has that color hair, and although it makes her look way older than she is, it is definitely prettier than the darker grey or the salt and pepper look.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:04 AM

1 posts, read 8,428 times
I think it's time to write some of these manufactures of the need for the color range of grays again. There is alot of baby boomers and younger want to be's that are looking for a dye that is in the grays range. Lets work together to write them.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:01 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,341,957 times
My friend has used a Clairol rinse for many years; but I think Pantene has Silver Expressions that is supposed to work well also.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:24 AM

1 posts, read 5,176 times
I have had my hair dyed brown for 50 years with Origins natural colouring but I would now like to go grey but dont fancy growing my hair out naturally as it would look so awful.Is there a grey dye around to do it in one fell swoop to see if grey suits me? Please help!! M collins Northants

Old 03-11-2013, 08:17 PM

1 posts, read 4,975 times
Ok so I have some questions and hope someone can help. I noticed my first grey hair at 18 and now at 35 my roots grow in grey. So I have decided since its a hot trend right now to go silver I will embrass my natural color. I had two choices cut my hair and let it grown back or bleach the heck out of it. Since my husband didnt want it that short we went for the bleaching ,first it was orange then yellow orange to yellow I wanted to do one more bleaching but my scalp could not take the burning final step was we used a cooling violet toner by wella and got a light grey color but you could see the yellowish tint to it. We went after that to salon centric and got chromasilk vivids in silver I just applied it and you can still see the yellow alittle and now my hair is blueish grey what should I do if anything

Old 03-14-2013, 12:15 AM

16 posts, read 17,083 times
Use a purple shampoo usually bought at a salon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care