Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 12:02 PM

943 posts, read 3,334,175 times

Advertisements

Loreal Natural Match in 3C
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2008, 05:37 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,292,767 times
There's no difference in the effectiveness of men's color vs. women's. It's just marketing.

My son is sixteen and sometimes dyes his hair black. He just uses whatever I buy... Colorsilk usually, or L'Oreal. On me, personally, Colorsilk irritates my skin, but doesn't bother my son.

His natural color is a deep, dark chestnut brown. Black looks fine on him. He's half Hispanic, his skin tone can handle it.... now on me, it's a nightmare. Did it in high school, and I'm very pale but with pink undertones. It made me look corpse-like. Not in a cool pale Goth way either.

Old 06-22-2010, 03:06 PM

1 posts, read 4,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
You are just a college kid. Leave your hair alone and stop subjecting your hair follicles to the chemicals. You may have regrets later on when your hair starts thinning out...

And stop being so vain. Blacker hair is not going to help you make friends.
Umm, you are being unnecessarily rude. This person didn't say anything that would make them out as being VAIN. They can do whatever they want, they were just asking for advice. If they want to 'subject their hair follicles to chemicals' then let them.

Old 06-22-2010, 03:22 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,395,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kajohns View Post
Umm, you are being unnecessarily rude. This person didn't say anything that would make them out as being VAIN. They can do whatever they want, they were just asking for advice. If they want to 'subject their hair follicles to chemicals' then let them.
LOL I think she/he meant to be funny, not mean. Anyway that reminds me I need to dye my hair... I use Miss Clairol black azure. If you're going to do it at home make sure to:
1. Use the Low-lift developer. If you're going darker, it's easier on your hair.
2. Use protein filler. I keep forgetting to use it, but it makes the color even, and I think it protects the hair, too.
3. Rinse with an acidic shampoo. I actually rinse with vinegar and water and then shampoo my hair a few times.
4. Get some vaseline, oil or something to protect the hairline/ears.
5. Use long gloves and safety goggles or at least glasses to protect your eyes.
6. Cover the bathroom floor with paper or be really careful, because the dye really stains. Also, put on a black top/pants to protect your skin.
7. DO the allergy test first! To me this is the best thing about dyeing your hair at home. Salons never do this, but you could really have an allergic reaction and end up bald, so just take an extra day for testing.

Old 06-26-2010, 07:16 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,080,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairproductions View Post
Um.....please do not take advice from someone who dosn't even believe in God...somethings you should just keep to yourself. There are MILLIONS of people that go black....simply because it looks good....not because their goth! People really need to watch what they say BEFORE they say it....
WTF does this have to with anything?

OP-I used to dye my hair blue-black years ago. A look I could pull off at the time, even though I'm a white girl with olive skin, no Goth-type of look. My natural hair color is a light brown/auburn. I remember it was very difficult to get the black out or for it to fade.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:13 AM

8,036 posts, read 10,629,469 times
Both my daughter AND son have at one time or another dyed their hair black. Each time, we used Natural Instincts Natural Black.

When my son got over that "trend", it faded out over time naturally and his natural color grew in virtually unnoticed (he has very light brown/dark blond hair naturally).

When my daughter used it (her hair is naturally medium brown), the color was absolutely beautiful and shiny, she got a LOT of compliments on it. She too just let it fade out naturally over time when she tired of it - it took quite a while, though.

I agree with another poster - black hair color is only for the very young. On older people, it's too harsh.

I highly recommend that you use a semi-permanent like Natural Instincts - it's hard to get even and natural coloring with permanent hair color like Colorsilk if you are going for a very dark shade like black.

I just got finished using Natural Instincts myself about an hour ago - Cherry Creme. Lots kind of "bright" so far, so we'll see!

Old 01-21-2011, 03:05 PM

1 posts, read 3,520 times
Garnier black licorice is the best! ive tried loreal, revlon, clairol, demi permanants, semis etc. and this seems to get my hair the blackest! the photo on the box does not look like the results you'll get. It'll be way blacker. but my trick is that i left it on for 10 extra minutes (as it instructs to do for color resistant hair) my hair came out so black, and shiny! i loved it. I have naturally dark brown hair, so its kinda hard for blacks to show up, but the next day everyone noticed how shiny and black my hair was and loved it!
so yeah i recommend =]

Old 01-28-2011, 02:08 PM

29 posts, read 110,387 times
Colorsilk, Nice 'n' Easy Perfect 10, and Bigen has the prettiest and deepest colors around, in my opinion.

You want to go really, really dark try one of those. They are the best for someone that wants dark hair or black hair.

Old 01-28-2011, 02:13 PM

1,289 posts, read 3,034,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
anybody got suggestions. i picked up colorsilk but don't know if I should use it
They have some for $1.00 at Dollar Tree. I'd never use it, but it may work well for all I know. I'm very allergic to hair dye so if it's not Henna or something else natural I can't use it.

Old 01-31-2011, 08:34 PM

12,540 posts, read 2,137,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
My uncle died his hair black for years....at 62 he decided to let it grow out.....at this point his hair had turned white....we called him "skunk" for about a year.....
Sorry this question just reminded me of that.
I like Natural Instints by Loreal.
Natural Instincts is by Clairol, not L'Oreal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care