Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 06:36 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
For some stupid reason, this is not sold in Michigan.
Legal or sold?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 08:32 PM

446 posts, read 1,394,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
That's a good one. When somebody refers to a semi-automatic weapon as "a machine gun", or better yet, calls an AR-15 "AK-15" or an "AR-47", that shows how much they know about guns.
Like Bill O'Riley the other night. Moron.

Old 12-20-2012, 02:06 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,917,890 times
Default "Feed me, Mandrake, I said, and he fed me!" Peter Sellers in Dr. Strangelove.

Sadly, I doubt whether the educated firearms cognoscenti out here will succeed in training the truly uninterested observer and that some sort of new bans or limits will indeed take hold shortly here. I moved from Canada (Kanada?) in about 1984, right as they were ramping up their concerted efforts to ban the sale of such deadly stuff. (PS: my daddy's Winnie Mdl 88, a lever action clip-fed .308 was, somehow, left off that list! It was too cute I suppose!).

Meantime, I had a specially ordered match-grade H&K 91/G3 with a special-select match-grade polygonal bore and an improved trigger. I shot it in informal military style competition(<< 0.8" 10 shot groups!), but it had a bbl. length of 18.1" as I recall. PS: I'd paid, even back then, about $900+ for this piece, a real steal today!

Back then the proscribed "New Age" limitation length was then accurately determined to be 18.5". Longer, no problem, you'd be a good person. But shorter? OMG! A felonious mind, obviously.

I happily offered to have the flash hider permanently welded in place (and in an H&K it's also a type of recoil pressure wave enhancer to make the roller lock action work properly). No deal. It was suddenly a malicious device, warranting full scrutiny by the RCMP. Therefore, and forever after, I could only carry it to an RCMP approved and registered range to be signed in and used there. I had to get it to that range, and back home again afterwards, in a maximum of 1.0h, or risk probable felony charges.

Watch for this possible type of "reasonable restriction!" on "black" assault rifles in a US Federal Community Safety Committee Law coming soon to us all! Not to mention some likely very strict laws on the maximum amount or numbers of rounds to be ordered, purchased and possibly even owned.

And as for reloading components, that will be quite easy to limit, to claim the Gov'mint really needs all them primers right now (you understand: imminent military actions and all...), and we'll see spectacular price gouging on those alone (I still have, from not too long ago, boxes of 1000 CCI 200 LR primers, that only cost me $7.99/1000. And now?)

It may be prudent to buy up the components now before that fan is turned on (you know, THAT S-fan...). Bullets, primers & powder; all have long storage lives if properly handled, ensuring that you will have access to your cartridge needs at reasonable prices in the future. Just a thought.

You know, to feed them hungry assault rifles, right?

Old 12-20-2012, 02:21 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayess1 View Post
Ah, must've been the famed Glock Revolver, the "Gun that Won the West", legendary for it's use in legendary shootouts, and a real favorite in the "Western Film" genre...

No, that's the Sig Sauer "Peacemaker" as used by Wild Bill Hickok in his duel with Andy Jackson.

Old 12-20-2012, 02:33 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,482,709 times
The OLD code for "bad" guns used to be Saturday Night Specials...now it's ASSAULT RIFLES...

[Mod cut]

Last edited by ElkHunter; 12-20-2012 at 09:49 AM.. Reason: She's got noting to do with the discussion.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:59 AM

7,072 posts, read 9,619,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Legal or sold?

Not sure. My local Cabela's says they do not sell this in Michigan. There must be a legal reason why.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:44 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
You should send it to Joe Biden, the new Anti-Gun Czar.
Used to being the operative word. It was in the early 1990's and was just the AK side of the OP's picture and didn't include the Glock side. It was in response to the 1989 Stockton School shooting when lawmakers went nuts passing gun laws that guess what? Didn't work or had minimal impact.

Old 12-20-2012, 09:57 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,725,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Used to being the operative word. It was in the early 1990's and was just the AK side of the OP's picture and didn't include the Glock side. It was in response to the 1989 Stockton School shooting when lawmakers went nuts passing gun laws that guess what? Didn't work or had minimal impact.
Biden wrote the first Anti-Assault law in the '90,s. Why do you think he was picked as new Czar ?

Old 12-20-2012, 10:24 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
Biden wrote the first Anti-Assault law in the '90,s. Why do you think he was picked as new Czar ?
Trust me I know well about the Biden and The Feinstein.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:27 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Trust me I know well about the Biden and The Feinstein.
Ya, and Saldana too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting