Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 04:47 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,355,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Probably he loads those and a lot more. The NH state police shoot his 9's and probably his .223, but i am not sure what the NH State Police really shoot. I know they have 9's and 12 ga shot guns. I have no idea what rifles they have.

Those are fairly common rnds.. When I asked about 6.5 x 54 MS he was already making some for another guy and I was stunned. That's a rare bird of a round. The o ther day when I asked f or 30-30 he just grinned and asked how much I wanted to spend. I said 25 /30 bucks, then he asked what I wanted for bullet weights, and I like fat heavy and slow 170 's.

So I left with 3 boxes for 24 bucks. The why is my winnie took a bump, and I think the irons got tweeked, and seems to shoot high.

I am not really sure about any of that concerning my winnie, as it has been seldom used since 89 ' Flintlocks took over my life then and shooting brass cat'ridges was put on the back burner a long time.

I hope you gitchy yer bar...... Just do it in a easy place not a mt side like I did. Oh man it was like rolling a 1 ton baggie of jello tree to tree.
Does he ship or local only?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2011, 04:47 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,136,913 times
I just bought a case of 7.62x39 from LuckyGunner.com and was content with the cost. I buy the bulk of my ammo at gun shows (there's one almost every month here in LV) and occasionally a box or three at Wal*Mart.

Old 11-04-2011, 05:46 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,617,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
Don't buy reloads. I don't care if someone claims to do it for the CIA. The quality control just isn't possible if someone is using manual equipment for a high speed reloading operation. Some police departments use them to save money but they can afford to replace a gun or three and still come out ahead. Anyone can chemically clean cases to look bright and new; sorting the headstamps of range pickups is hardly a problem. One poster mentioned loading at a rate that equalled six seconds per round. That's not time enough to properly inspect the case. As far as commercial reloads are concerned, the cheapest is not the best. But that's true of almost anything.

Buy yourself some inexpensive handloading equipment. Take your time. You'll still make mistakes; but you'll learn how to make loads as good or better than factory loads. Handloading is far more enjoyable if you slow down and look at the scenery. It's very rewarding to take ten batches of ten rounds, slightly different loadings, to the range and find out which shoot best and which shoot worst, then to learn why.

Old 11-04-2011, 05:47 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,483,906 times
big o 5 sporting goods.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:02 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,423,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Probably he loads those and a lot more. The NH state police shoot his 9's and probably his .223, but i am not sure what the NH State Police really shoot. I know they have 9's and 12 ga shot guns. I have no idea what rifles they have.

Those are fairly common rnds.. When I asked about 6.5 x 54 MS he was already making some for another guy and I was stunned. That's a rare bird of a round. The o ther day when I asked f or 30-30 he just grinned and asked how much I wanted to spend. I said 25 /30 bucks, then he asked what I wanted for bullet weights, and I like fat heavy and slow 170 's.

So I left with 3 boxes for 24 bucks. The why is my winnie took a bump, and I think the irons got tweeked, and seems to shoot high.

I am not really sure about any of that concerning my winnie, as it has been seldom used since 89 ' Flintlocks took over my life then and shooting brass cat'ridges was put on the back burner a long time.

I hope you gitchy yer bar...... Just do it in a easy place not a mt side like I did. Oh man it was like rolling a 1 ton baggie of jello tree to tree.

They dont drag easy do they. Thanks, I hope I tag something. I'd really like to take a deer up there. Its been several years since I took one with a gun.

Old 11-05-2011, 11:32 AM

61 posts, read 116,293 times
I get alot of reloaded ammo at gun shows here in eastern PA.
I stock up and blow through quite a bit during the winter months.
My defense ammo IE hollow points I purchase from Cabella's in Hamburg, PA.

Julia

Old 11-05-2011, 12:13 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,698,911 times
I pick ammo around town, whenever the price is right. it accumulates fast when you buy 500 rounds here and 500 rounds there. I don't know if online transactions online would be, or are, analyzed. Anything that exchanges data leaves a trail, unlike picking up rounds at a local place and paying cash. No tinfoil hat here, but for the sake of discussion, if finding trails of ammunition purchases was something that would set a flag somewhere for some reason, one can assume that the first place to look, would be where the most data was easily accessible.

Old 11-05-2011, 09:59 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,091,844 times
The last time I purchased a major bunch of ammo, I was down in Texas and went to a gun show. I was looking for target loads for AR and a .40 cal pistol. I found a booth that was "Once fired brass". I purchased 1000 rnds of .223 for $105. I also got 1000 rnds of .40 call for $65.

I have shot over 600 rnds of the .223 and not had a missfire. I've shot over 800 rnds of the .40 and not had a missfire or a jamb.

I bought these for target loads so I wasn't too concerned with the purchase. But, so far, they have all been good.

The .40 is my carry weapon and when not on the range, it is loaded with factory Hydra shocks.

Old 11-06-2011, 09:48 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,984,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
I don't know..... I can ask....... Are you in the USA now?

If he does I will get a current price list. 'IF' he still make one. My last list is ages old... I don't bother to refer to it anymore, but it is ancient.

If he says yes I will need a mailing address for you to send the list.

I could transpose the list to here, but I am not going to put his address up in plain sight. I would be willing to give you his address after he gives me permission in a dm though.

So far as I know, he does nothing illegal, and I won't ask him too.
So you may need to check law(s) I am unaware of law and shipping ammo personally.

OR: If you are willing dm me with your name and address and he can contact you directly...

AND: If you want mine, shoot me a dm.

On edit: If your shipping addey is not also your mailing addey and I doubt it would be fore ammo, as I think UPS, not the postal service is about all that will ship ammo I would need both????

I only know that (I think) from buying ammo from Sportsmans Guide and they shipped UPS with marked boxs. The boxes were marked 'ORD'. That was a decade ago.

Old 11-07-2011, 01:16 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,355,354 times
It was partly out of curiosity, if it really is that cheap, but yeah I'm stateside.

I'll shoot you a DM if I decide to go forward on it, thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting