Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2019, 09:06 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,180,701 times

Advertisements

Shocked that no one posted this before (that I could find, at least). My friend just sent me the article. Pray it's good!!!!

Old Europe Pastries to open this spring in Greenville’s West End

https://upstatebusinessjournal.com/o...lles-west-end/

Old Europe Pastries from Asheville has signed a lease for 716 S. Main St. and plans to open its second location there this spring.

Three doors down from Husk, between Custard Boutique and The Spa at West End, the former boutique is under construction to become a bakery, coffee shop, and wine bar.

The 1,800-square-foot space more than doubles the size of the Asheville location at 760 square feet. Owner Bobby Daugherty says the larger space will allow the restaurant to add lunch items and the wine bar. The Asheville location currently has space for only the bakery and coffee service, he says.

For more than 20 years Old Europe Pastries has been serving authentic European desserts in downtown Asheville.

Old 03-13-2019, 12:23 PM

181 posts, read 132,863 times
New Starbucks opening near I-85 at exit 19B in Anderson. Address is: 4686 Clemson Blvd, Anderson, SC, 29621.

Old 03-13-2019, 12:58 PM
NDL

4,518 posts, read 5,649,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Shocked that no one posted this before (that I could find, at least). My friend just sent me the article. Pray it's good!!!!

Old Europe Pastries to open this spring in Greenville’s West End

https://upstatebusinessjournal.com/o...lles-west-end/

Old Europe Pastries from Asheville has signed a lease for 716 S. Main St. and plans to open its second location there this spring.

Three doors down from Husk, between Custard Boutique and The Spa at West End, the former boutique is under construction to become a bakery, coffee shop, and wine bar.

The 1,800-square-foot space more than doubles the size of the Asheville location at 760 square feet. Owner Bobby Daugherty says the larger space will allow the restaurant to add lunch items and the wine bar. The Asheville location currently has space for only the bakery and coffee service, he says.

For more than 20 years Old Europe Pastries has been serving authentic European desserts in downtown Asheville.
I appreciate you posting this!

Sadly, I looked at their Asheville store menu, and it doesn't look like they'd have anything of interest.

I wish that the Greenville area had an authentic German or Italian bakery (sadly, not even the Charlotte area can lay claim in this area).

Old 03-13-2019, 02:32 PM

826 posts, read 1,125,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post
I appreciate you posting this!

Sadly, I looked at their Asheville store menu, and it doesn't look like they'd have anything of interest.

I wish that the Greenville area had an authentic German or Italian bakery (sadly, not even the Charlotte area can lay claim in this area).
I was hoping they might have Schneeballen (Snowballs). Unfortunately they do not, never seen those anywhere outside of Germany so not really surprising.

Old 03-13-2019, 04:13 PM

181 posts, read 132,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtmike View Post
I was hoping they might have Schneeballen (Snowballs). Unfortunately they do not, never seen those anywhere outside of Germany so not really surprising.
Not really a place for Schneeballen around here but I have had Schneballen before, about a year ago at a family bakery shop in Texas while on a trip. Sadly it closed around a week or two after I got my Schneballen (made it in time).

I believe it was this link: https://www.yelp.com/biz/das-schneeb...ghland-village

Old 03-14-2019, 07:04 AM

300 posts, read 254,799 times
The Deli Korner is a German/ Swiss resturant it is on Fernwood- Glendale Rd. in Spartanburg they may be able to help. Also Gerhard's is a German/Austrian restaurant on the eastside of Spartanburg.

Old 03-14-2019, 08:36 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,291,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtmike View Post
I've heard that Scweddy's has a big selection of those.

Old 03-18-2019, 02:44 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times
http://ritecarerx.com

Rite Care Pharmacy opening in The Gallery on Haywood next to Gabes.

Old 03-20-2019, 10:00 AM

285 posts, read 457,248 times
Charleston Sports Pub coming to the old Wild Wings.

Old 03-20-2019, 10:39 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattreddy View Post
Charleston Sports Pub coming to the old Wild Wings.
Downtown? Excellent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area