Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2015, 11:11 AM

17,574 posts, read 15,247,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
The Hardee's previously located at 947 North Pleasantburg Drive, Greenville, South Carolina 29607-1626 replaced two locations: 1547 North Pleasantburg Drive, Greenville, South Carolina 29609-4017, now Pizza City; and 1601 Laurens Road, Greenville, South Carolina 29607-2906, which had undergone an early 1990's remodel prior to the replacement.

The 947 North Pleasantburg Drive location was open briefly for several years before closing in the mid 1990's. I think the location was unable to pull business from the two distant trade areas its predecessors served.
Poor accessibility was its main problem.. Though, there's several other restaurants in the same area that seem to do well. I used to remember the flagstar unit numbers for all the stores.. That info has long since been purged for more useful info(951 N Pleasantburg my mind is thinking of as Hardee's of Greenville #14, but.. I could be wrong).. But the Laurens Rd unit closed in the mid to late 90's.. It closed while I was working for a subcontractor.. So that would be 94-98.. If I had to guess, I'd say around 95. The 1547 N Pleasantburg unit closed prior to that.

The 947 N Pleasantburg I think was there longer than you think.. That unit did not close until after CKE's takeover.. If I had to guess.. I'd say it was there until 2000 or 2001.

Old 03-10-2015, 07:46 PM
jac

389 posts, read 1,006,769 times
Growler Haus and Cucina 100 are opening in Fountain Inn this month. They are located on the corners of main and Trade Streets (Growler Haus is on the north corner, while Cucina 100 is on the south corner.)

Old 03-11-2015, 04:58 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,812,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jac View Post
Growler Haus and Cucina 100 are opening in Fountain Inn this month. They are located on the corners of main and Trade Streets (Growler Haus is on the north corner, while Cucina 100 is on the south corner.)
I've heard of Growler Haus (craft beer) but not Cucina 100. Speculating it is an Italian restaurant?

Old 03-11-2015, 05:52 AM

453 posts, read 646,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
The 947 N Pleasantburg I think was there longer than you think.. That unit did not close until after CKE's takeover.. If I had to guess.. I'd say it was there until 2000 or 2001.
Yeah, at least 2001 and maaaaaaybe into 2002. (I only know because I used to eat at that location pretty frequently, and I didn't live in that area of Greenville until early 2001.) I always thought it was interesting that the lines often threatened to spill out into Pleasantburg for breakfast, but it was a ghost town for lunch and dinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I've heard of Growler Haus (craft beer) but not Cucina 100. Speculating it is an Italian restaurant?
It is! It's tied to Capri's (and it looked like it was going to be another Capri's at one point).

Old 03-11-2015, 11:08 AM

17,574 posts, read 15,247,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
Yeah, at least 2001 and maaaaaaybe into 2002. (I only know because I used to eat at that location pretty frequently, and I didn't live in that area of Greenville until early 2001.) I always thought it was interesting that the lines often threatened to spill out into Pleasantburg for breakfast, but it was a ghost town for lunch and dinner.
Heh.. That's not interesting.. that's Hardee's.

Don't know if i've told this story here before.. But I used to work for the company that handled the POS systems for Flagstar's Hardee's..

When it was time to close a unit.. We'd get a call a few days ahead of time that was basically "Be at Hardee's of Knoxville #3 at 10:30am, meet in the parking lot"

That was basically our signal that they were closing the unit. They wouldn't tell any of the employees ahead of time, which I generally didn't agree with(Understood it, but..).. But did give them opportunities at other units.

The reason we met at 10:30am, was that they would go in right at 10:30am, right at the breakfast changeover and close the unit down. They wanted to get that last breakfast service in because it was the part of the day where they made all their money.

Old 03-11-2015, 07:29 PM

151 posts, read 331,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
They wanted to get that last breakfast service in because it was the part of the day where they made all their money.
Really? Highly doubtful. They are closing a location but concerned about revenue from a breakfast serving??

Old 03-11-2015, 08:44 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Default Hardee's/Red Burrito, Pelham Road at East North Street, Greenville, South Carolina

Hardee's still has a following for its breakfast rush. I will admit it is very good.

Would anyone agree Hardee's issue is being unable to compete with other quick service restaurants that serve better quality foods at better prices and are better staffed to serve customers quickly?

Old 03-11-2015, 09:22 PM

2,781 posts, read 3,291,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Hardee's still has a following for its breakfast rush. I will admit it is very good.

Would anyone agree Hardee's issue is being unable to compete with other quick service restaurants that serve better quality foods at better prices and are better staffed to serve customers quickly?
I'd say the Hardee's Thickburger offering compares favorably to McDonalds, Burger King, and much of their competition.

Many of the more established fast food brands are struggling with an image of poor quality products, particularly with younger generations of Americans. Much like the decline in sales from traditional brewers like Budweiser in favor of craft breweries, younger Americans tend to favor smaller chains with more of a focus on quality even if it costs more.

Old 03-11-2015, 09:40 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,014,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgame View Post
Really? Highly doubtful. They are closing a location but concerned about revenue from a breakfast serving??
I believe it. There was a time when the end of breakfast was practically the end of their business day. Why pay people when you aren't making money for the rest of the day. I lived in Knoxville and their was a location close to me. You could walk in the afternoon or night and no one was there. I think things started improving some when they became associated with Carls,Jr management and products around 2000.

Old 03-11-2015, 09:45 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Default Hardee's/Red Burrito, Pelham Road at East North Street, Greenville, South Carolina

Hardee's is different today than it was 15 years ago. Instead of closing locations, Hardee's is opening additional new locations. It took several years to change the culture, practices and image of the entire company.

While Hardee's is on the upswing, one of its competitors, Burger King, has been trending downward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area