Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2014, 08:55 AM

690 posts, read 1,146,094 times

Advertisements

Methodical Coffee opening up downtown.

Methodical Coffee :: A New Coffee Bar in Greenville, SC

New coffee bar planned for downtown

Old 07-26-2014, 01:31 PM

4,600 posts, read 6,010,765 times
Another Walmart Neighborhood Market or Twister its project name on LDIline. This time Clemson. Why the Twister code name?

Last edited by vistatiger; 07-26-2014 at 01:49 PM..

Old 07-26-2014, 05:50 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,232,811 times
Default Walmart Neighborhood Market in Clemson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
Another Walmart Neighborhood Market or Twister its project name on LDIline. This time Clemson. Why the Twister code name?
LDI-Line: Twister #118 (Clemson, SC)

I do not know the logic of Walmart opening a Neighborhood Market in Clemson when you have Walmart Supercenter #3222 (1286 Eighteen Mile Road, Central, SC 29630-8605) nearby. The only reason I can think is relevant to convenience and accessibility.

Walmart is making oddball decisions with select new Walmart Neighborhood Market and Walmart Express locations.

Walmart Neighborhood Market, Highway 81 North at Reed Road, Anderson: Anderson is capable of a third Walmart Supercenter knowing anticipated growth toward the Hopewell community. A Neighborhood Market would be useful in the vicinity of East River Street and East Shockley Ferry Road.

Walmart Express #3798, 7013 South Pine Street, Pacolet, SC 29372-2246: Pacolet is a food desert currently lacking a supermarket. Driving over eight miles to Ingle's Markets #42 (2000 South Pine Street, Spartanburg, SC 29302-3315) or Bi-Lo #5408 (2199 Southport Road, Spartanburg, SC 29306-6208) can become cost prohibitive. A Neighborhood Market would be appropriate for Pacolet.

Old 07-26-2014, 06:16 PM

503 posts, read 692,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
The first Freddy's Frozen Custard in the Upstate has now opened in Easley. I heard it was good and somewhat similar to Culver's or Steak n Shake. And yes the 2nd location is planned for the former Twisted/Jack in the Box location on Woodruff Rd.
I loved Freddy's have been a few times. I think its better that Culver's and on par with steak n shank. Ive had other people that have been to Freddy's that said they didn't like that it was greasy and that the fries were shoe string fries. Just a note its a steak burger it will be greasy so if that's not your cup of tea then stick with dry old burger king.

One thing I do think would be nice is for some of these new places to start having signature sauces like chickfila and such. It gets old getting the same generic bbq sauces when I go to places. I want some epic taste to knock my socks off.

Old 07-26-2014, 07:22 PM

37 posts, read 52,173 times
I surprised Clemson let them put the Walmart Market store there, given they fought Walmart for years and Walmart had to locate out of town a little ways for the regular store.

The Market store does seem better for a rural college town like that.

Old 07-26-2014, 08:24 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,443,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
LDI-Line: Twister #118 (Clemson, SC)

Walmart is making oddball decisions with select new Walmart Neighborhood Market and Walmart Express locations.

Walmart Neighborhood Market, Highway 81 North at Reed Road, Anderson: Anderson is capable of a third Walmart Supercenter knowing anticipated growth toward the Hopewell community. A Neighborhood Market would be useful in the vicinity of East River Street and East Shockley Ferry Road.
Anderson does not need nor does not want a 3rd super center. Walmart, Target, and other retailers are making smaller stores for a reason. Neighborhood Market is perfect and the location is every more perfect.

Imm not sure why you love Shockley Ferry so much, but theyre doing just fine. BILO left for a reason, but they have Family Dollar/Dollar General and a Quality Foods and BILO like a mile away. Theyre fine. No more supercenters.

Old 07-26-2014, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
Anderson does not need nor does not want a 3rd super center. Walmart, Target, and other retailers are making smaller stores for a reason. Neighborhood Market is perfect and the location is every more perfect.

Imm not sure why you love Shockley Ferry so much, but theyre doing just fine. BILO left for a reason, but they have Family Dollar/Dollar General and a Quality Foods and BILO like a mile away. Theyre fine. No more supercenters.
The vicinity of East River Street and East Shockley Ferry Road is a food desert. No supermarket exists to serve the vicinity with groceries. No pharmacy exists also, which creates a pharmacy desert.

Quality Foods of Anderson (207 Highway 28 Bypass, Anderson, SC 29624-3165) and Bi-Lo #5270 (2901 South Main Street, Anderson SC 29624-3727) are several miles away and serve different communities.

A supermarket on Belton Highway near Broadway Lake Road would be nice and logical.

Old 07-26-2014, 10:09 PM

17,568 posts, read 15,232,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
LDI-Line has the location as South Carolina 14 and Hearthstone Drive. I would assume Walmart Express #1250 will be on the southeast corner.
I happened to pay attention to this when driving by the past few days.. I believe it might be going in on the other side of Hearthstone from the Dr's offices and Ambulance facility.

There's two reasons I say that.. First off.. Locating directly beside the school would not be the smartest thing in the world because traffic tends to backup onto 14 there when school lets out.

The second reason is because there is a vacant lot on the other corner (I have no idea which one is the "Southeast" corner) AND the "GCO Motors" that was in the old greenhouse right beside that vacant lot closed up shop about 2 months ago or so..

According to Laurens county tax records.. There are 5 parcels of land there, between Hearthstone and Webb, all owned by "Cook Farms".. Seems it would be simpler for them to go in and buy up those 5 parcels from 1 person than negotiating with GHS for the Dr's office and the county for the Rescue station.

Old 07-26-2014, 10:27 PM

Default Walmart Express #1250, Gray Court, South Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I happened to pay attention to this when driving by the past few days.. I believe it might be going in on the other side of Hearthstone from the Dr's offices and Ambulance facility.

The second reason is because there is a vacant lot on the other corner (I have no idea which one is the "Southeast" corner) AND the "GCO Motors" that was in the old greenhouse right beside that vacant lot closed up shop about 2 months ago or so..
This would be the site.

Old 07-27-2014, 07:51 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,010,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aok7 View Post
I surprised Clemson let them put the Walmart Market store there, given they fought Walmart for years and Walmart had to locate out of town a little ways for the regular store.

The Market store does seem better for a rural college town like that.
IDK. That will be the 4th grocery in that rural vicinity with Publix, Ingles, BI-LO already there. My guess is this will hurt BI-LO the most. Food Lion exists on the other side of Clemson towards Seneca and serves different neighborhoods. Five grocery stores in that small town not including the Supercenter a few miles away. Somethings gotta give. Walmarts plan is to stick a fork in some competition with all these new stores coming. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area