Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2013, 06:09 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizzza View Post
Sorry to disappoint on the buffet part....but it looks like a pick up/delivery location only.
I hope dine in is included, otherwise someone is having a headache wasting money into a location that is going to fail quickly. Pizza Hut has been smart in recent years adding smaller dine in areas to pick up/delivery locations.

Do you know where in Hampton Village Pizza Hut is going into? I can think of the former Sonic and Hampton Buffet has logical locations.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:22 PM

121 posts, read 244,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I hope dine in is included, otherwise someone is having a headache wasting money into a location that is going to fail quickly. Pizza Hut has been smart in recent years adding smaller dine in areas to pick up/delivery locations.

Do you know where in Hampton Village Pizza Hut is going into? I can think of the former Sonic and Hampton Buffet has logical locations.
Literally next door to Publix (think it was formerly a dry cleaners), going down the plaza...next to the new Compass Dental, Nail Place, Hibachi Japan, UPS Store, Goga Studios (now iVIVA), Hampton Buffet.

3 food places in a small strip. We'll see - it is a bit strange.

Old 05-20-2013, 07:05 PM

1,941 posts, read 4,469,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizzza View Post
Sorry to disappoint on the buffet part....but it looks like a pick up/delivery location only.
It is getting harder to find pizza places which offer a decent dine-in atmosphere. I remember going to Pizza Hut as a child and thinking it was a nice atmosphere to have pizza. I know they've moved more toward a pick-up only kind of place, which is disappointing. While I certainly enjoy having pizza at home, when I'm in the mood to go out for pizza it would be nice to have it in a decent dine-in environment. Not that I would tend to choose Pizza Hut, because I wouldn't, but I still think there is an opportunity for someone to do dine-in pizza well. The places that currently have it seem to mostly have a crappy atmosphere.

Old 05-20-2013, 07:10 PM

1,845 posts, read 2,763,213 times
Greektown Grille , in McBee Station near Publix, should open within the next few weeks.

Old 05-20-2013, 07:33 PM

826 posts, read 1,125,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post

Well if by chance it is dine in, hopefully it will be better than the one at in Five Forks. The service and the food was so inconsistent that we finally gave up on them. Its gone through at least 3 management changes since it opened a few years ago. Pretty much only do carry out from Dominos or Jetts now.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:11 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,812,678 times
Did I miss the discussion of Metro Burger closing and being replaced with something with the name "Kitchen"? Couldn't say we told them so (in our previous Metro Burger discussion), but the writing was on the wall even before they opened their location at 1102 Woodruff Rd just last year.

Anyway, anybody have the "low-down" on the new place?

EDIT: Looks like someone decided to start a whole new thread on it: https://www.city-data.com/forum/green...-business.html

Old 05-21-2013, 01:01 PM

411 posts, read 853,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenville View Post
It is getting harder to find pizza places which offer a decent dine-in atmosphere. I remember going to Pizza Hut as a child and thinking it was a nice atmosphere to have pizza. I know they've moved more toward a pick-up only kind of place, which is disappointing. While I certainly enjoy having pizza at home, when I'm in the mood to go out for pizza it would be nice to have it in a decent dine-in environment. Not that I would tend to choose Pizza Hut, because I wouldn't, but I still think there is an opportunity for someone to do dine-in pizza well. The places that currently have it seem to mostly have a crappy atmosphere.
Delaventura's on Old Buncombe Road in Greer has a good atmosphere. It has quite a following and can get super busy on the weekends, so go early. My stepdad is in love with their pizza. Like so in love that you cannot sway him and he thinks you're the stupidest person on the planet if you don't like it. It's good, but personally, I go for the zucchini fries. Lol.

Also in Greer is Wild Ace in downtown. I really like their pizza plus they have several microbrew taps...and fried pickles. Geez...I really like my fried foods.

On the chain side, I like Brixx at Greenridge. They have that flatbread type of pizza. I really like the Quattro Formaggio and the Brixx Salad.

But I digress. Back to your regularly scheduled opening and closing retail/restaurant thread...

Old 05-21-2013, 05:56 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,353,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Did I miss the discussion of Metro Burger closing and being replaced with something with the name "Kitchen"? Couldn't say we told them so (in our previous Metro Burger discussion), but the writing was on the wall even before they opened their location at 1102 Woodruff Rd just last year.

Anyway, anybody have the "low-down" on the new place?

EDIT: Looks like someone decided to start a whole new thread on it: https://www.city-data.com/forum/green...-business.html
I wish Jack in the Box had given that Woodruff Rd. store another chance. Closing the Congaree store nearby could have helped business, as those 2 stores were too close and competed with each other. Seems like that store near Magnolia and Target would be a prime location. I used to eat there frequently, but their remaining stores are a bit inconvenient for me. But I will say, as a whole, Jack in the Box seems to do a better business in Charlotte than they do here. But I do hope their remaining stores continue to operate.

Old 05-22-2013, 07:04 PM

9,495 posts, read 9,812,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I wish Jack in the Box had given that Woodruff Rd. store another chance. Closing the Congaree store nearby could have helped business, as those 2 stores were too close and competed with each other. Seems like that store near Magnolia and Target would be a prime location. I used to eat there frequently, but their remaining stores are a bit inconvenient for me. But I will say, as a whole, Jack in the Box seems to do a better business in Charlotte than they do here. But I do hope their remaining stores continue to operate.
Especially with the hotel being built right behind it. Jack probably would have done well.

I would like to see more fresh options myself. The only fast food I eat is Chick-fil-a, and that's probably once a month at best.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:54 AM

17,574 posts, read 15,243,114 times
Maybe i'm missing the boat here.. But I just noticed today that the Blockbuster at the corner of Mauldin Rd and S Pleasantburg has a "For Sale" sign in the parking lot and "Store Closing" signs in the windows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area