Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2009, 06:06 PM

35 posts, read 140,337 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are from NJ and want to retire in the lovely state of SC. We've been looking at coastal areas--but are curious about the Western portion. How are your winters? And is the crime rate low? And what would you recommend to us so that we can find more out about the area? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2009, 06:40 PM

2,068 posts, read 5,966,487 times
I'm from Michigan and originally planned to move somewhere nearer water. Then I visited Greenville and realized it was a good fit for me. Maybe it will be for you too, but the only way to really know is to make a visit to the area. I figure I traded water views for mountain views, and all in all that's just fine.

So come on down and see what you think!

Old 07-05-2009, 05:36 AM

24 posts, read 76,719 times
We moved to Boiling Springs,SC in Dec. 2008. We are located in northern Spartanburg county. We are originally from Cleveland,Ohio. We very much enjoy living in this area. We live in a Ryan development called Cobbs Creek. It has a nice mixture of younger families and retirees,many from up north like us. Cost of living here is reasonable. If your down here looking at areas ,look at Spartanburg county. Good Luck.

Old 07-05-2009, 01:20 PM

10 posts, read 20,267 times
Greatspark, I'm glad to hear what you say about Cobbs Creek in Boiling Springs. That's on my husband's and my short list of places we'd like to retire in 6 years or so (not as long a time as it seems!). We love the Ryan Homes' Piedmont model; it's perfect for us. The community sounds real nice, and the thought of being surrounded by the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains appeals to us very much. We also actually like having mixed ages around us instead of just 55+ and are sure there will be plenty of folks in our age group to befriend. It all sounds and looks good on paper and in pictures, but it's a bonus when someone who actually lives there has good things to say about it. Maybe we'll see you there someday!

Old 07-24-2009, 08:04 AM

10 posts, read 20,267 times
We're also looking at Anderson. Lots of nice lake properties in all price ranges, and convenient to everything. Midway between Charlotte and Atlanta, about 120 miles/2 hr. drive in either direction.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:56 AM

18 posts, read 70,129 times
Default Mountain views

When you say "reasonable prices" what price range is that. We are looking for a small home with mountain views that has some privacy. Which communites would have homes with at least an acre lot for around $275,000? We want some acreage so we can have a large veg garden and live off the land to some extent. Is this dream possible?

Old 07-24-2009, 03:11 PM

181 posts, read 409,292 times
There are homes in your price range on Hartwell Lake & Lake Secession for sure, maybe some other lakes but doubtful about Jocassee or Keowee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area