Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 06:36 PM

85 posts, read 432,851 times

Advertisements

I'm a Greenville native living in Arizona and I have been planning to relocate to the N. Augusta, SC or Augusta, GA area. But, my family in Greenville is really pressuring me (and some are even pleading) for me to return to them. So, being the big creampuff I am, I decided to honestly look into the possibility with the understanding I'd make no promises.

My sister tells me to look at the apartment complexes in the Pelham Rd area, but the last time I lived in Greenville, about 4 years ago, they seemed to filled with people who had just managed to get out of the ghetto areas, but brought their bad habits out with them. I was always hearing about robberies and things in the complexes in that area.

I know Greenville has grown a lot and that there are new complexes all around. Can anyone recommend a good complex where I can rent an apartment (or house) with washer/dryer (or connections), an alarm system and a patio or balcony for under $625 a month? Is that even possible now? The last place I lived was Stonesthrow at N. Pleasantburg/I-385 and it had all of that, but they really sucked when it came to maintenance.

I'd also like to have easy access to downtown, if possible. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2008, 09:21 PM

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

Nobody has any recommendations? Hmmm. I see.

Old 06-05-2008, 09:44 PM

642 posts, read 2,091,592 times
Im sure someone can help you out the board has been slow the past few days. Guess everyone is out side injoying this very hot but nice weather. :O)

Old 06-05-2008, 10:24 PM

Probably so. My sister and cousin have both called me complaining about how hot it is there right now. I was like "Pu-leeze, y'all don't know what hot is. I don't want to hear it, I live in Arizona!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopherinsc26 View Post
Im sure someone can help you out the board has been slow the past few days. Guess everyone is out side injoying this very hot but nice weather. :O)

Old 06-05-2008, 10:31 PM

11,712 posts, read 24,845,222 times
Easy access to downtown? Why not just live downtown in an apartment less than 500 feet from Publix and Staples: McBee Station (http://www.mcbee-station.com/apartments.htm - broken link) They have balconies too. Not sure what the rent is though. You can google it i'm sure and find out though. Tell me where else you'd like to live besides downtown and i'll see what I can find for you.

Old 06-05-2008, 11:53 PM

I looked them up and McBee Station is out of my price range. There is nothing to be had downtown for what my budget is, that's why I said I'd like to have easy access to downtown. I guess I should look at complexes near 385, since that leads straight into downtown, and then come back and ask about specific areas...

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Easy access to downtown? Why not just live downtown in an apartment less than 500 feet from Publix and Staples: McBee Station (http://www.mcbee-station.com/apartments.htm - broken link) They have balconies too. Not sure what the rent is though. You can google it i'm sure and find out though. Tell me where else you'd like to live besides downtown and i'll see what I can find for you.

Old 06-07-2008, 10:01 AM

423 posts, read 901,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloStar View Post
I'm a Greenville native living in Arizona and I have been planning to relocate to the N. Augusta, SC or Augusta, GA area. But, my family in Greenville is really pressuring me (and some are even pleading) for me to return to them. So, being the big creampuff I am, I decided to honestly look into the possibility with the understanding I'd make no promises.

My sister tells me to look at the apartment complexes in the Pelham Rd area, but the last time I lived in Greenville, about 4 years ago, they seemed to filled with people who had just managed to get out of the ghetto areas, but brought their bad habits out with them. I was always hearing about robberies and things in the complexes in that area.

I know Greenville has grown a lot and that there are new complexes all around. Can anyone recommend a good complex where I can rent an apartment (or house) with washer/dryer (or connections), an alarm system and a patio or balcony for under $625 a month? Is that even possible now? The last place I lived was Stonesthrow at N. Pleasantburg/I-385 and it had all of that, but they really sucked when it came to maintenance.

I'd also like to have easy access to downtown, if possible. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Solostar,

My dad has an apartment that I think you would be interested in. Someone just moved out, so it's not ready for rent yet, but I'll tell you about it. It's downtown less than a block away from the Woman's Club near Park and Bennett. It's 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, huge living room, dining room, kitchen, huge utility room that could be used as another bedroom or office, a screened porch and offstreet parking. He rents it for $700 a month but that includes electricity up to $125/mo, water, and basic cable. This is the bottom floor of the house my dad grew up in that was built by his grandparents in the early 1900's. It has hardwood floors and 10 ft ceilings. The second floor has been turned into 3 efficiency apartments so you would have 3 people living above you, but it's a great deal. I'd live there if I didn't already have a condo. He prefers not to rent to smokers or someone with pets.

Send me a PM if you are interested and I'll give you his phone number and you can talk to him about it.

Old 06-07-2008, 03:54 PM

YES, I am interested!! You will be getting a PM right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvlgal View Post
Solostar,

My dad has an apartment that I think you would be interested in. Someone just moved out, so it's not ready for rent yet, but I'll tell you about it. It's downtown less than a block away from the Woman's Club near Park and Bennett. It's 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, huge living room, dining room, kitchen, huge utility room that could be used as another bedroom or office, a screened porch and offstreet parking. He rents it for $700 a month but that includes electricity up to $125/mo, water, and basic cable. This is the bottom floor of the house my dad grew up in that was built by his grandparents in the early 1900's. It has hardwood floors and 10 ft ceilings. The second floor has been turned into 3 efficiency apartments so you would have 3 people living above you, but it's a great deal. I'd live there if I didn't already have a condo. He prefers not to rent to smokers or someone with pets.

Send me a PM if you are interested and I'll give you his phone number and you can talk to him about it.

Old 06-07-2008, 04:10 PM

Replying to thread to subscribe to it. Previously forgot.

Old 06-08-2008, 09:31 AM

4,218 posts, read 8,545,969 times
You didn't list Thornblade Park on your other thread, but I highly recommend it. It's just off Pelham Rd. near Michelin. It's gated so security is excellent. My husband has been living there since the first of May (we're still in process of moving) and has no complaints. One bedroom apts start at $600. Lots of amenities: pool, tennis courts, fitness center, and more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area