Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2012, 07:52 PM

1 posts, read 966 times

Advertisements

I have been lurking this forum for quite some time now preparing for my move in September and have found a lot of useful information here. I am looking for an apartment complex in the Greenville area that is well-suited for someone in their 20's. Is there a place that typically rents to a younger group? I have been relying on apartmentratings.com to try and find a place, but even that is a bit vague.

Any information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2012, 06:12 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,589,489 times
I wish I could help here - I can recommend a few nicer, newer complexes and some rentals downtown, but know basically nothing of their demographics. I would imagine things in/near downtown would probably have a bit younger crowd though. Certainly someone with more of that kind of knowledge can chime in here.

Welcome, and good luck!

Old 07-22-2012, 09:11 AM

1,077 posts, read 1,660,144 times
My girlfriend and I live in an apartment off Roper Mountain Road. They have have pretty large living areas and an outside storage area. Pool, volleyball courts, tennis courts, fitness room and car wash area. They are older but well kept up which makes the price very reasonable. We are less than five minutes from 385, Shoppes at Greenridge and the other big shopping areas on Woodruff, the mall, the group of stores on Pelham at I-85, and 85. The apartment also include a washer and dryer and they allow you to choose whether you want Duke Energy or Laurens Electric. Private message me if you want to know more.

The crowd here is very mixed, both age-wise and ethnically, which we like. Everyone minds their own business and we have had a bunch of friends over and never gotten any complaints (I guess that depends on your neighbors though).

Old 07-22-2012, 03:14 PM

12,638 posts, read 32,183,736 times
Not sure what your budget is but I have friends that live at The Lofts. They say it's all young people that live there.

Old 07-24-2012, 01:13 PM

19 posts, read 41,063 times
McBee Station is nice if you are looking for amenities such as a pool and fitness center. It is only 2-3 blocks from downtown on McBee Avenue and has a Publix that is super convenient "connected" to it.

Also around that same area, there are apartments that don't have amenities suchs as pools, but they are a little more affordable. Where McBee meets E. Washington St as well as Toy Street. I would recommend looking at the available properties that Marchant Property Management has and Goldsmith Properties also.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:01 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,589,489 times
Then there's this.... Wells Fargo Center Luxury Apartments

Not sure about the price range, but it's right ON Main St!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area