Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2022, 05:47 PM

12,923 posts, read 18,770,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaccinated Masker View Post
How do tourists know there is a drag queen tour guide and how to book xim?
This is how.

https://charlestonculinarytours.com/...ath-is-a-drag/

Plus, word travels. No pun intended.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2022, 05:49 PM

Quote:
I saw a video of a biological male who claims to be a woman and wears dresses and heels.

It seemed like he was trying to make fun of women, a gender version of black face. For example, he pretends he is frightened of a dragon fly and falls down. I've never seen a woman act goofy like this.

He said on the third day of his transition that he has already turned into a bimbo.

A non transgender would be in hot water if they did similar stuff.
Personally I’m not into drag shows or drag queens, and I can’t speak for all of them if any.

Old 10-25-2022, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 912904 View Post
Ah yes, Dylan Mulvaney. He met with Joe Biden yesterday for some unknown reason. The nation is on fire with inflation, internal strife, an open border and rampant crime...but that is the hill Joe wants to take? Ok I guess.

Anyone in the lgbtq+ space should be offended by Dylan's antics (and cancel him I suppose?)
Walking and chewing gum at the same time -

Although Biden needs to be more vocal and explanatory on the economy and the border.

Old 10-25-2022, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 912904 View Post
The real question is why would someone visit Charleston, with her history and want her story interpreted by someone like that? Kind of a big disconnect here.
A different twist. Also, compared to her desire to be a tour guide, her being a drag queen is secondary.

Old 10-26-2022, 09:01 AM

1,290 posts, read 784,698 times
Charleston data,.

I'm surprised you would present a drag queen as a tourist attraction for Charleston.

I have never heard of people driving hours to Charleston or another city for a tour led by a drag queen.

I assume you want to market Charleston as weird like Asheville, Austin and Portland do.

Old 10-26-2022, 11:27 AM

Charleston makes National Geographic’s ‘Best of the World’ list for 2023

“The list is themed around travel destinations and experiences which the magazine said: ‘leverages the benefits of tourism to strengthen their local communities, natural and built environments, and sense of place.’

“Charleston is featured under the ‘culture’ category among the likes of Appian Way, Italy; Busan, South Korea; Longmen Grottoes, Henan Province, China; and Egypt.”

https://www.counton2.com/news/local-...list-for-2023/

Old 10-26-2022, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Charleston data,.

I'm surprised you would present a drag queen as a tourist attraction for Charleston.

I have never heard of people driving hours to Charleston or another city for a tour led by a drag queen.

I assume you want to market Charleston as weird like Asheville, Austin and Portland do.
I have no problem with drag queens. She’s a hit. She’s probably also a hoot. And I’m not the one who has attempted to paint Charleston as a tired old been there done that destination with everything about it restrained by an old school way of telling the city’s story.

Old 10-26-2022, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestondata View Post
This is how.

https://charlestonculinarytours.com/...ath-is-a-drag/

Plus, word travels. No pun intended.
This statement in on the linked website:

"This event is rated *R for mature content. All guests must be 21+."

"Looking for a more PG-13 experience? Check out our original Dessert with Death."

Who could have seen that discrepancy coming? I wonder if xe has mature content for Charleston history tours as well. I'd rather get the PG 13 version of slavery and Civil war history.

Last edited by Vaccinated Masker; 10-26-2022 at 06:46 PM..

Old 10-26-2022, 06:42 PM

https://www.wspa.com/news/local-news...record-crowds/

Trent Hawk, chairman of the 2022 Fall for Greenville Board of Trustees, said it may have been the biggest crowd yet.

“Typically, on a normal festival year, we plan for 150,000 people over the course of three days,” explained Hawk. “I think we were probably on the high end of that, maybe close to 180,000 or 200,000 if we’re really lucky.”

Old 10-27-2022, 07:29 AM

Quote:
This statement in on the linked website:

"This event is rated *R for mature content. All guests must be 21+."

"Looking for a more PG-13 experience? Check out our original Dessert with Death."

Who could have seen that discrepancy coming? I wonder if xe has mature content for Charleston history tours as well. I'd rather get the PG 13 version of slavery and Civil war history.
That’s you. I’m not surprised. Charleston is an inclusive city with variety, something for everyone, the family-obsessed, the raunchy, and the middle of the road. It’s all good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area