Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 11:31 AM

5,491 posts, read 8,332,757 times

Advertisements

Hillcrest isn't a bad school. My sisters graduated from there and never had any problems. I graduated from Greenwood High School in Greenwood, SC and we had someone shot in one of the hallways and lets not even mention fights. I think the schools in the Simpsonville area are good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2008, 07:14 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,540,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motherofone View Post
I have gone to Great schools.net but there are no reviews. Is there a better site ?
Go to the district website. Google Greenville County School District. Full report cards for each school are there somewhere.

Old 06-14-2008, 11:54 AM

7 posts, read 19,749 times
Default Virtual online charter schools Greenville County

My child was picked out of a lottery for 9th grade a charter program called INSIGHT ? Has anyone heard or know anything about it? I had registered my child for the charter schools isnce they are so hard to get in around here my daughter has been on a waiting list past two years . first for Langston charter middle, now she is on for Brashier middle college for high school but she is still on their waiting list then this virtual online charter came around and they have so many it is really hard to distinquish which one is better than the other. The other virtual online schools are connection academy or the insight virtual charter school then they have a virtual online shool through South carolina state. I figure they came up with this idea due to the over crowded schools in greenville . Does anyone know anything about any of these schools or if Insight is a good rated virtual school? Thanks for all your imput.

Old 06-14-2008, 05:39 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,540,391 times
Start your own topic motherofone...you might get better responses.

Old 06-17-2008, 01:23 AM

75 posts, read 353,494 times
Finally something i can be the expert on lol. I go to Hillcrest right now (well not RIGHT now, seein how its summer!!), Class of '09!!! haha Hillcrest is a decent school, people are right it is extremley overcrowded to the point where we have 3 different lunch "shifts" where they divide the student body and send them to 30 minute lunches. The teaching staff is pretty divided, some teachers are really great, and some are not so great and really have no clue what their doing. Youll find the teachers that have been there the longest know the best teaching methods, while the newer teachers seem to have no clue why they are even there. Almost every sports team is championship winning...except Football, which as you know is king of sports in the south. Hillcrests basketball team last year i think went 22-2, and won region champs and almost went to state. Their vollyball team is also state champs 2 consecutive years running. Ummm basically anything else you need to know just ask. Im not sure about that INSIGHT program your talking about, ive never been an outstanding student lol just enough to get by...other than that umm....

CLASS OF '09!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-28-2008, 02:23 PM

38 posts, read 151,286 times
I went to Hillcrest it is a pretty good school the Principal if he is still there is Raceist, and I am white and so is he so I am not just saying that.....but over all it's ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area