Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2022, 05:05 AM

1,844 posts, read 2,761,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Supposedly, there was going to be a new steakhouse in downtown Laurens.. But.. It was supposed to open Spring '22 and.. I've heard nothing about it.

"The Tailored Oak"

No FB page, nothing since the announcement back in November. Guessing it might have fallen through.
There was a name change, but there seems to be some activity for an opening soon ... Rootimentary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2022, 05:32 AM

5,671 posts, read 5,868,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeoid View Post
There was a name change, but there seems to be some activity for an opening soon ... Rootimentary
I really meant to follow up on this place and it simply slipped my mind. The investors the owner had lined up backed out, and chose other places in other towns to invest. (Probably a wise choice.) I guess thats the reason for the dealy and name change.

Old 09-30-2022, 08:17 AM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeoid View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
I really meant to follow up on this place and it simply slipped my mind. The investors the owner had lined up backed out, and chose other places in other towns to invest. (Probably a wise choice.) I guess thats the reason for the dealy and name change.

Seems like a bit of a concept change as well. Almost like it's trying to be a Saskatoon style place.

look, I wish them all the best.., But putting a big time steakhouse in Laurens.. That's going to be a tough sell. I mean.. I took 6 people (counting myself) to Saskatoon last week. Bill was $400. That isn't going to fly in Laurens. BARELY flies in Greenville and only for special occasions.

Old 10-05-2022, 09:33 AM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times
I'm sure someone has mentioned this before, but I can't find anything on it.. What is happening beside the old WFIS radio station down in Fountain Inn?

They're clearing a HUGE plot of land there. Housing? I've got ownership name of Harrison Bridge Crossing.. which.. Sounds like a housing community, but the plot looks a bit small for that.

Old 10-05-2022, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I'm sure someone has mentioned this before, but I can't find anything on it.. What is happening beside the old WFIS radio station down in Fountain Inn?

They're clearing a HUGE plot of land there. Housing? I've got ownership name of Harrison Bridge Crossing.. which.. Sounds like a housing community, but the plot looks a bit small for that.
I heard its just another part of whats already there around that spot, so more houses.

Old 10-05-2022, 06:44 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
Hey guys. What are they building on 123 in Easley, it was that old furniture store center I think it was called Shipley's Furniture, long brown building. They completely tore it down and are building something else. It's near Sonic, on that side of the street, across the street from T Mobile.

Old 10-05-2022, 09:42 PM

1,267 posts, read 1,210,414 times
It’s another damn Starbucks and a Habitburger, which I think is a west coast burger chain.I’m plugged in two ways. An engineering firm that does site planning and interacts with zoning czars is in my building, and I simply walk into the city planners office on the bottom floor of city hall and gaze at their white board that displays all the projects that are in the works.

As an aside Easley is about to become the next Simpsonville. The high density projects in Easley are crazy.we live just off Powdersville Road, and a 60 acre project of town houses apartments are going to make Powdersville Road that much worse. We can hardly get out of our neighborhood now!

Old 10-06-2022, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckee16 View Post
It’s another damn Starbucks and a Habitburger, which I think is a west coast burger chain.I’m plugged in two ways. An engineering firm that does site planning and interacts with zoning czars is in my building, and I simply walk into the city planners office on the bottom floor of city hall and gaze at their white board that displays all the projects that are in the works.

As an aside Easley is about to become the next Simpsonville. The high density projects in Easley are crazy.we live just off Powdersville Road, and a 60 acre project of town houses apartments are going to make Powdersville Road that much worse. We can hardly get out of our neighborhood now!
Im sure theyll do some thing stupid that backs up traffic even more.

Old 10-06-2022, 06:53 AM

9,492 posts, read 9,804,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Im sure theyll do some thing stupid that backs up traffic even more.
It's too bad that our elected officials don't have any foresight or listening skills.

Old 10-06-2022, 07:29 AM

4,600 posts, read 6,007,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckee16 View Post

About to become the next Simpsonville? IMO traffic in Easley is worse than Simpsonville especially along the main corridor (123) there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area