Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2022, 10:25 AM

826 posts, read 1,126,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Is the Habit Burger good?
I had them a few times in 2017 when I was out in Cali for work. They were very good, far better than In and Out and Whataburger IMO. But they have since been acquired by Yum Brands (Owners of Taco Bell, KFC, Pizza Hut). When one opens in the area I’ll probably go check it out but I’m not getting my hopes up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2022, 04:13 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,358,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scmartin View Post
Good question, I don't think that there are any open in our area yet, they are just expanding here. Their menu looks good on their website, it's a California based chain.
There is a Habit Burger near Indian Land in Lancaster County bordering Charlotte. I have heard they were good, but as mentioned they have now been acquired by Yum Brands, owner Of KFC, Taco Bell. Hope they maintain standards, but that remains to be seen. Whataburger was recently sold by the founding family to an outside investment firm, and some say they may not be as good as they used to be. But still looking forward to their arrival in the Upstate sometime next year.

Old 12-20-2022, 05:10 PM

130 posts, read 76,929 times
I don't recall seeing it mentioned yet. What's getting built beside Huey Magoos on Wade Hampton in Greenville?

Old 12-21-2022, 04:42 PM

4 posts, read 4,984 times
Default Union Bleachery mixed development

Hey everyone!

Has anyone heard of any updates on the MEGA mixed development at Union Bleachery in San Souci?

I read articles that it'll be around 250-300 acres and I saw the renders and saw 10-20 story buildings and such.

It looks like it'll almost be consider a 2nd downtown of sorts. Maybe that's a bit too much dreaming, but I am still quite curious about this whole project.

I believe they were doing some work on the soil and chemical cleanup here in Q4 of 2022 and that in Q1, 2023, they were going to start construction.

Anyone have updates?

Thanks in advance!

Old 12-21-2022, 07:09 PM

4,601 posts, read 6,016,803 times
Corner of Laurens Rd and Sycamore next to Fins Car Wash- Anyone? Odd looking small building under construction. Looks to be maybe a fast food place or some type of retail building.

Old 02-16-2023, 07:34 PM

41 posts, read 57,305 times
How do I found out what is getting built in Spartanburg County? Something new is getting built just off I-85 at the Hwy. 29/Nazareth Church Rd intersection in Spartanburg. A new 7-11 store was built on the opposite corner about a year ago. The lot seems small. I hope it's not another Dollar General, because I think about 3 of those have been built while I've been typing this.

Old 02-17-2023, 06:35 AM

7,259 posts, read 4,628,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBum View Post
How do I found out what is getting built in Spartanburg County? Something new is getting built just off I-85 at the Hwy. 29/Nazareth Church Rd intersection in Spartanburg. A new 7-11 store was built on the opposite corner about a year ago. The lot seems small. I hope it's not another Dollar General, because I think about 3 of those have been built while I've been typing this.
I generally look in a variety of places. In this case, it’s a fast food (or ‘Quick service Restaurant’) via LoopNet: https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/0-Wa...g-SC/26258972/

I’ll also look at Spartanburg county GIS map for who owns property (which is hidden behind LLC names often though): https://maps.spartanburgcounty.org/a...caeca0465f2efc

Can also review County or town meeting minutes, or search those LLC names in them sometimes. Or other commercial building websites. Others here may just have more direct access to planning/ buildings info that comes across their desk or in contact with too.

Old 02-17-2023, 11:15 AM

6,896 posts, read 22,526,677 times
Cities also issue permits for work in their jurisdiction.

Old 02-19-2023, 11:09 AM

21,021 posts, read 27,245,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBum View Post
Bojangles' has a restaurant planned in the area. That location could be the lot sold at the southeast corner of Warren H. Abernathy Highway and Nazareth Church Road.

Dollar General has opened a new store on Nazareth Church Road near Nazareth Road.

Old 02-20-2023, 09:19 AM

5,162 posts, read 7,358,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Bojangles' has a restaurant planned in the area. That location could be the lot sold at the southeast corner of Warren H. Abernathy Highway and Nazareth Church Road.

Dollar General has opened a new store on Nazareth Church Road near Nazareth Road.
This will probably be Bojangles new modern design. They have updated the design layout since the Laurens Rd. location was rebuilt a few years back. Now a more modern look and less traditional, but the live biscuit window is still included.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area