Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2007, 10:04 AM

17 posts, read 97,458 times

Advertisements

how is the nightlife in greenville? I am coming from Miami, FL so I have had access to incredible nightlife options (bars/clubs/restaurants,etc). Going to Greenville, what should I expect?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2007, 12:58 PM

5,598 posts, read 15,423,274 times
Greenville has a relatively small (compared with Miami, obviously) but growing nightlife that is becoming more diverse as time progresses. What kind of nightlife do you prefer? A nice new place called "Ten" is under construction on South Main Street. It is located in an old multi-story building near the ballpark and will attract name bands that normally skip Greenville on their way to Atlanta and Charlotte.

Old 11-07-2007, 09:57 AM

17 posts, read 97,458 times
Default electronic music

Thanks for yor reply. I actually like techno/electronic music but most of the nightclubs or bars I see in Greenville are about music bands/rock kind of thing. Are there any options for people like me that like techno/electronic/ambient music? nothing really hardcore, just a nice miami-like bar where they play it in the background while chatting with friends...

Old 11-07-2007, 01:18 PM

179 posts, read 463,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss1234 View Post
Thanks for yor reply. I actually like techno/electronic music but most of the nightclubs or bars I see in Greenville are about music bands/rock kind of thing. Are there any options for people like me that like techno/electronic/ambient music? nothing really hardcore, just a nice miami-like bar where they play it in the background while chatting with friends...
There's a new place that just opened, R3V3RB, that is focusing on electronic/ambient/experimental stuff. However, they're keeping the drinks coffee only as they want it to be all ages. Also, all of the employees are volunteer and most of the profits go to a suicide prevention charity.

R3V3RB ( REVERB ) - A Live Music Venue and Art Gallery In Greenville, South Carolina Check it out.

Old 11-07-2007, 03:46 PM

843 posts, read 2,752,155 times
That's pretty neat, Amator.

Old 11-22-2008, 03:48 AM

5,598 posts, read 15,423,274 times
If anyone is still wondering, lookup "Gvegasnights" for good info on Greenville's bar/nightlife. Someone posted
a video on YouTube.

Oh, an update regarding the "Ten" club mentioned above... It never materialized in the end, even though it was "under construction" and they were receiving mail there.

Old 07-15-2011, 05:32 PM

4 posts, read 9,788 times
Hey, ss1234, I know this is an old thread but... did you ever find a techno/electronic/ambient club in the area? I'd love to know of one but I suspect the reason I haven't been able to find one is because none exists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area