Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2012, 12:25 AM

34 posts, read 81,387 times

Advertisements

My job is sending me to Columbia once every two months and Greenville every other month. I am coming to Greenville the second weekend in August and are there any festivals are going on then and where the vibrant nightlife districts are? I loved Columbia's Vista District this past weekend and am looking for the same type of area with quality White AND Black nightclubs in the same area. I love acoustic, r&b (not hip hop), jazz, soul, and bluegrass (not country) clubs. And I was hoping downtown Greenville offers this type of a diverse nightlife experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2012, 06:25 AM

5,518 posts, read 8,378,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonPad View Post
My job is sending me to Columbia once every two months and Greenville every other month. I am coming to Greenville the second weekend in August and are there any festivals are going on then and where the vibrant nightlife districts are? I loved Columbia's Vista District this past weekend and am looking for the same type of area with quality White AND Black nightclubs in the same area. I love acoustic, r&b (not hip hop), jazz, soul, and bluegrass (not country) clubs. And I was hoping downtown Greenville offers this type of a diverse nightlife experience.
There is a bunch down there. Crowded every weekend. You should have plenty of fun. There is a jazz place called Brownstreet that's really nice.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:13 AM

723 posts, read 1,156,941 times
Downtown Greenville is one of the area’s most popular dining and entertainment destinations. With over ninety restaurants and pubs clustered on and near Main Street, Greenville's downtown offers a wide variety of options for all tastes. In addition to the vibrant nightlife, from College Street to the West End, two recurring events take palce each week to kick of evening activities:

Piedmont Natural Gas Downtown Alive
Main Street at Hyatt Regency Plaza
Thursdays, 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm through August 30
Free outdoor street party featuring live musical entertainment with varied sounds including rock, blues, funk and cover bands.

BB&T Main Street Fridays
Main Street at Hyatt Regency Plaza
Fridays, 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm September 28
Free music entertainment performed by local, regional and national talent.

There's also the Greenville Drive Class A baseball team. Catch a brew and a ball game at Greenville's award-winning Fluor Field in the West End, which will help ensure you explore the additional restaurants and pubs in the vicinity.

And if you happen to be around over the weekend, be sure to drop in at:

TD Saturday Market
Main Street
Saturdays, 8 am to Noon, through October 27
Fresh produce and flowers locally grown and delivered to the market each week. While shopping you can grab a bite to eat from participating food vendors and learn new cooking and gardening tips presented by area experts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area