Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 03:25 PM

148 posts, read 288,031 times

Advertisements

Hey y'all, haven't been on in a real long time, but I am looking to buy a new refrigderator. I've checked some places but you know that can just drive ya squirrely after a while. I'm lookin for a nice bottom freezer three door with the ice maker, you know, fancy. I've been dealing with an extremely small one since I moved here and I can't take it anymore. My honey finally got a job with Aspen Dental as a floor manager. PTL, so I had to quit my job at the fillin station to watch grandgirl. So, I'll be cooking and baking a lot with my extra time. I just can't pay an arm an leg for good one. Please Help y'all. This is such a great site, if anyone knows it's here.Thanks, Btw yes I always check for a scratched one too. I'm in need not proud. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 04:08 PM

2,261 posts, read 5,850,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by namaw View Post
Hey y'all, haven't been on in a real long time, but I am looking to buy a new refrigderator. I've checked some places but you know that can just drive ya squirrely after a while. I'm lookin for a nice bottom freezer three door with the ice maker, you know, fancy. I've been dealing with an extremely small one since I moved here and I can't take it anymore. My honey finally got a job with Aspen Dental as a floor manager. PTL, so I had to quit my job at the fillin station to watch grandgirl. So, I'll be cooking and baking a lot with my extra time. I just can't pay an arm an leg for good one. Please Help y'all. This is such a great site, if anyone knows it's here.Thanks, Btw yes I always check for a scratched one too. I'm in need not proud. lol
try sears outlet on woodruff, they have some of their stuff priced online but check the store, I recently bought a box spring there for next to nothing

Old 01-15-2012, 05:28 PM

125 posts, read 206,937 times
Congrats to your husband.....I recently purchased a large, bottom-freezer refrigerator myself from Lowe's. They have floor-models at reduced prices which can save a bit, and, the associate may be able to discount further. Don not be afraid to ask, it will cost you nothing but may save you $$$. Also, Modern Supply in Williamston is worth the phone call (847-9222) If you find a model you like, call to compare. I bought a front-loading washer and dryer from them and saved enough to get the pedestals for the same price as just the machines from other stores. Do your homework....

Old 01-15-2012, 05:36 PM

10,150 posts, read 7,813,986 times
When I was looking to buy a refrigerator last year, I ended up getting it from Lowes. They seemed to have the best prices. Try and get a 10% Lowes coupon from the post office (in their movers package) if you decide to buy from Lowes. That'll save you a little extra.

Old 01-15-2012, 07:31 PM

3,549 posts, read 6,673,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoodlesKnowles View Post
try sears outlet on woodruff, they have some of their stuff priced online but check the store, I recently bought a box spring there for next to nothing
+1

We were looking for a washer and dryer after moving here, and they had some good deals. It seems to be a mix of displays, discontinued models, customer returns, and scratch and dent, but some great deals overall.

Old 01-16-2012, 08:17 AM

899 posts, read 2,291,087 times
I second Lowe's. That is usually my first stop when looking for big-ticket appliances. Sears would also be a place I would want to look.

Old 01-17-2012, 03:02 PM

807 posts, read 1,787,659 times
Default Lowes

I prefer Lowes as well as they will price match. I can also get 10% off coupons which I will gladly share if you would pm me your info. Name, address and email.

Old 01-18-2012, 04:53 PM

684 posts, read 1,189,177 times
One thing many people should do is haggle. Yes, it takes some time and you may need to bring out the inner-dbag, but you can knock a big chuck off your OTD cost by asking, demanding, walking away from a sale and their manager(s). I've had success with the Lowes in SC for a W/D.

Old 01-18-2012, 06:50 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,202,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohtalim View Post
One thing many people should do is haggle. Yes, it takes some time and you may need to bring out the inner-dbag, but you can knock a big chuck off your OTD cost by asking, demanding, walking away from a sale and their manager(s). I've had success with the Lowes in SC for a W/D.
You catch more bees with honey than you'll do with vinegar. I've always learned, it never hurts to ask, but to ask nicely. No need to bring out the inner-dbag or be demanding IMHO.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:05 AM

672 posts, read 1,420,260 times
We bought all of our new appliances at Sears in the Haywood Mall after shopping around. They had great service, selection, and didn't hesitate to beat some online ads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area