Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 09:22 PM

282 posts, read 750,801 times

Advertisements

So glad to hear that your husband got a new job! We have missed seeing you on here. Hope South Carolina is treating you right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 10:33 PM

5,590 posts, read 15,374,908 times
Watch for appliance clearance sales at Lowes as well. I've seen very good deals on refrigerators there recently, but you must act quickly.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:41 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,782,966 times
Jeff Lynch. Local and great prices. Got my fridge there cheaper than anywhere else in town. Lowe's is also good though.

Last edited by g-man430; 01-19-2012 at 10:50 PM..

Old 01-23-2012, 08:24 AM

148 posts, read 287,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheri Sanders View Post
So glad to hear that your husband got a new job! We have missed seeing you on here. Hope South Carolina is treating you right.
O yes ma'am. We've been treated my-t-fine. We miss you too honey. I just love it here. I'm getting a new job too. It's for "pure romance". I will be a consultant....so...You will be getting an invite to my debut party. So will Pat. and if y'all know anyone that might like to have a good time bring them. Um...women only, and no children. It is inappropriate for them. I will be cooking as usual,the one I just hosted this wknd., was awesome. Love you darlin! ttys

Old 01-23-2012, 08:26 AM

148 posts, read 287,602 times
Thanks everyone for the great ideas!

Old 01-23-2012, 09:00 AM

9,495 posts, read 9,809,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Jeff Lynch. Local and great prices. Got my fridge there cheaper than anywhere else in town. Lowe's is also good though.
Jeff Lynch will price match, even online prices. Just got to ask.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:06 AM

4,218 posts, read 8,527,746 times
When we bought our home three years ago, we replaced all of our kitchen appliances. I shopped Lowe's, HH Gregg, and Jeff Lynch. I ended up buying some at Lowe's and some at HH Gregg.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:08 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,179,127 times
Default Comparing Apples to Apples

Figured I'd put in my 2 cents on my most recent appliance buying experience...

The clothes dryer that came with the home I purchased 3yrs ago finally died, it was 35yrs old. Had to buy a new GAS DRYER, Now, I'm a shopper. I will do my homework on what to buy and who has the best price. I go armed with printouts and coupons. I don't think many could have done much better IMHO.

I went first to both HD & Lowes, both had no problem price matching my best price from another BB retailer, but would not take their own, or their competitors coupon on top of the price match. That's when you have to ask the BIGGER question when pricing things like this, what's the delivery, installation, set-up, haul away and other extra fees?

See, just about everyone will price match, but boy-oh-boy, what a difference when I asked for all the other costs involved. Sticker shock! First off, gas is more expensive than electric, at least when it comes to dryers I found out. And it seems, since the last time I bought a dryer (so long, I can't remember) things have SURELY changed, and with a gas dryer, there's an added cost of the required new gas line/tube/pipe. When you have a new dryer installed (gas or electric) the companies will not install a new dryer unless you get a new dryer vent, and with the case of gas dryers, a new line.

Two of the companies I went to, all the added costs added up to over $200, one was close to that and Lynch would only give me a guesstimate on what the installation would be until the company they use for installation saw the job - I can't do business like that, not knowing up front what it's going to cost.

So, I'm at my 3rd stop on Woodruff Rd (with 2 prior stops the day before) and being new to appliance purchases since moving here, I have not been in to HHGregg. I go in there, armed with my papers, even after my Mom just told me "Oh, they're usually more expensive!" Heck, I was there, parked and getting out of the car at that point.

To make a long story short...the salesman (thanks Mike M.) was great. His mgr who okayed the price match was great (thanks Andrea) The delivery, set up, haul away and the gas dryer kit was cheaper than any other place I had yet to go (not to mention, they have/had a rebate where I am getting the delivery fee back) The delivery/installation was great. They called the morning of the delivery and gave me a 3 hour time frame and said they would call when they were 40 min away from coming, and they did.

I didn't even bother to go to BB or anywhere else at that point. It was BB's price I had matched, and honestly I can't think they could have beat the "extra" fees that HHGregg charges. It also had to do with the service. It was just such a pleasure to do business there. Gosh, I haven't felt that way in a long time.

So, when you do your price comparison shopping, make sure that you are comparing the exact same model (mine was at all places I went) and in the case of gas dryers (which all places said was not so common to have people ask for these days) ask if it's in stock, and if not, how long it will take. AND, make sure you ask about the fees for delivery, installation, hauling your old appliance away (if needed) any new hookups needed (like vents, plugs, gas lines, water lines, etc) The extra fees are not the same at all places and it may make a big difference. Your "great price" at one place may not be as good as you think once these extra costs are added on.

Just my 2 cents from this recent experience.

And NO, I am NOT affiliated with HHGregg in any way, shape or form. Just a happy customer with a new Whrilpool dryer! And I called my Mom after leaving the store and told her, in this case, she was wrong.

Old 03-12-2013, 07:38 AM

684 posts, read 1,185,979 times
Just friend everyone in the neighborhood and wait for them to go in vacation!

Old 03-12-2013, 09:33 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,179,127 times
Whoever it was that added to my reputation who's dryer went out Sunday, feel free to P/M me and I can tell you what I purchased, if interested. And to you, and all the others who added to my rep due to this post, I thank you and appreciate it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area