Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2020, 03:23 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,364,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Someone will buy Fuddruckers, no question. Luby's.. Probably, but not certainly.
I'm sorry to see these good cafeteria chains struggle these days, especially since Covid-19. I have always enjoyed the nice choice of meat and vegetables and good comfort food, as a young man and now an older adult. But apparently these days they primarily appeal to the senior citizen crowd. I grew up dining at both Morrison's and K&W and always enjoyed both. And as a young child I vaguely remember S&W also in Charlotte.

Sad only S&S remains in the Greenville- Spartanburg area. We used to have Morrison's, K&W, Piccadilly in Spartanburg, and J&S on Pelham Rd. Sorry most are now gone, and I wish K&W could have survived. They always seemed to do a good business before impacted by Covid and the corporate bankruptcy. I will have to give S&S a try, because in recent years I have primarily visited K&W.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2020, 03:27 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,364,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Fudds is, OK. The one in Greenville is probably the nicest, cleanest one Ive been to, and that aint saying much. This new branding sucks, trying to be upscale........
Since Covid-19 has Fuddrucker's maintained their toppings bar? I know Roy Rogers suspended their famous Fixin's Bar and replaced it with a free Fixin's Cup upon request. Not sure if it has returned yet.

Old 09-11-2020, 12:55 PM

192 posts, read 207,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Since Covid-19 has Fuddrucker's maintained their toppings bar? I know Roy Rogers suspended their famous Fixin's Bar and replaced it with a free Fixin's Cup upon request. Not sure if it has returned yet.
When I went to the Fuddrucker's in Anderson, the topping bar was still there and you could take whatever quantity you want. The toppings were not put into any seperate containers either. That was about 3 weeks ago.

Old 09-11-2020, 12:57 PM

192 posts, read 207,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I'm.. At least 75% certain i've seen a sign in the Woodruff Rd Fudd's that says they're a franchisee.

And, since it's the parent company up for sale, if they go away, the franchisees go away, or at least probably have to change their name unless they purchase rights to use the name. Or purchase the company themselves.. Which.. I'm pretty sure is what would happen if worst came to worst.
Pretty sure all the Upstate Fuds are owned by one franchisee based in Taylors.

Old 09-11-2020, 01:07 PM

17,598 posts, read 15,272,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim.brayden.sherman View Post
Pretty sure all the Upstate Fuds are owned by one franchisee based in Taylors.

Sounds right.. But.. I don't trust my memory on something that obscure..

Old 09-11-2020, 01:58 PM

4,602 posts, read 6,022,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim.brayden.sherman View Post
When I went to the Fuddrucker's in Anderson, the topping bar was still there and you could take whatever quantity you want. The toppings were not put into any seperate containers either. That was about 3 weeks ago.
I always liked the Pico on the toppings bar but all the different hands on those utensils at a bar/ buffet. That's a hard pass for me right now.

Old 09-11-2020, 03:12 PM

461 posts, read 985,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
I always liked the Pico on the toppings bar but all the different hands on those utensils at a bar/ buffet. That's a hard pass for me right now.

The one on Woodruff gives everyone their own tongs right now for a single use.

Old 09-11-2020, 06:30 PM

4,602 posts, read 6,022,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanigan911 View Post
The one on Woodruff gives everyone their own tongs right now for a single use.
Nice.

Old 09-15-2020, 02:44 PM

69 posts, read 73,739 times
Flour Haven Restaurant and Bakery in Greer has closed. Great little place but sadly, social distancing would be very difficult there as the place was rather small. Hopefully they can show up in another form one day. We will miss them.

Old 09-16-2020, 08:51 AM

690 posts, read 1,147,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddiewhack View Post
Flour Haven Restaurant and Bakery in Greer has closed. Great little place but sadly, social distancing would be very difficult there as the place was rather small. Hopefully they can show up in another form one day. We will miss them.

They closed a good month back. We ate there on their last day. Owners were ready to sell and travel the world according to what they said to us.

Was a good run will miss their pastries for sure!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area