Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2012, 06:14 PM

2 posts, read 6,976 times

Advertisements

Iam a African American Woman ,Where is a place to go out on a night of the town in Greensboro, NC that I can go to meet a nice looking man with good potential ? race doesn't matter & he knows how to treat a lady. Suggestion please ?
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 09:59 PM

799 posts, read 3,233,155 times
Downtown Greensboro has some clubs, but you're always better off to meet a great guy through church, I think. And I'm not all that religious. It's just that, there are a lot of down-to-earth people here, and A LOT of churches!

Old 06-02-2012, 08:28 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,762,810 times
Go to the highest end grocery store you can find. Target a bumbling, but otherwise acceptable male. Help him find something, make a comment about his cart, ask a silly question. Guys have to shop too, as much as we hate it.

I got to know some great girls in California in the grocery stores. Of course, at Mission Beach, they shopped in bikinis....

Old 06-02-2012, 10:57 AM

7,080 posts, read 12,384,605 times
Get a gym membership such as the YMCA. Most folks who can afford the gym:

a) has a job.
b) takes care of their bodies and it shows.
c) are looking for a partner who has similar life values.

Another good place is to take some cheap classes at the local technical school. Many adults (who are career-minded) attend such places to better themselves. Meeting people at school or at the gym is quite easy. I met my wife of 8 years now at a YMCA, so I speak from experience. The funny thing about it is that I wasn't even looking for love; I just wanted to swim and play basketball. It amazed me at how much people try to "hook up" at the YMCA (of all places). Try it, it works.

Old 06-06-2012, 11:11 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,881,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Get a gym membership such as the YMCA. Most folks who can afford the gym:

a) has a job.
b) takes care of their bodies and it shows.
c) are looking for a partner who has similar life values.

Another good place is to take some cheap classes at the local technical school. Many adults (who are career-minded) attend such places to better themselves. Meeting people at school or at the gym is quite easy. I met my wife of 8 years now at a YMCA, so I speak from experience. The funny thing about it is that I wasn't even looking for love; I just wanted to swim and play basketball. It amazed me at how much people try to "hook up" at the YMCA (of all places). Try it, it works.
Maybe so, but those of us who are just there to work out find it tacky that people are using the gym as a singles bar. I would not recommend this method, even if PP found it "successful"

I find that volunteering for causes I support is a great way to meet friends (and could lead to dating if I were single) but also I am doing something I believe in, so it has its own reward, even if "Mr/Ms Right" doesn't come along (yet). And of course you will share at least one value/cause and can be pretty sure he is the type who thinks of others than himself.

Old 06-12-2012, 03:30 AM

84 posts, read 217,338 times
Where do you find a good list of local causes?

Old 06-12-2012, 06:08 AM

2,668 posts, read 7,178,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
Maybe so, but those of us who are just there to work out find it tacky that people are using the gym as a singles bar. I would not recommend this method, even if PP found it "successful"
Duh, who goes to the gym just to work out? Everyone's there to check out everyone else, right?

Seriously, your comment seems very odd to me. Maybe it's the gym(s) you visit, but I've never noticed that it's any different from being in a volunteer organization, or a pottery class, or a grocery store. No one wants to be leered at or pestered by some loser no matter where they are. Yet people interact, and if there's a spark sometimes it works out. If it happens at a church meeting, or in a gym, what's the difference?

Old 06-14-2012, 05:37 PM

4 posts, read 10,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arstal View Post
Where do you find a good list of local causes?
If you find out let me know--I would also love to find some 2-for-1 ideas (ie, help out and possibly meet some new (male) people). I have volunteered in the past but never really see many people there--it is normally just me at one task, someone far away at another, etc; so I question it as a way to meet anyone (though, what do I know, I met my ex at the grocery, so I guess anything is possible).

Old 06-14-2012, 11:34 PM

1,105 posts, read 1,792,777 times
You need to frequent places that the type of men you are interested in frequent. I had trouble before I was married but now I see single men everywhere. DH and I went out to buy him new running shoes, single guys everywhere at the Nike store. I don't know your age but you have to think like a man (which really isn't as hard as it seems). if you like a handy man, hit up the home depot at unconventional hours. Sports bars (not clubs) would be good. You need to be comfortable enough to sit at a bar with a beer and watch the game. If you want a cook, a real chef can be found in specialty stores.

If you find a man in the grocery store, a club, a gym or even church, chances are you've been one of many dates he's picked up that way. The best encounter is a chance encounter that isn't the typical cliche. And sometimes men will date whoever happens to be close by.

I tell my single male friends the same. You find the type of girl you're looking for based on the type of girl you'd like to marry. You want an athletic girl, try city sports leagues. An intellectual hangs out at the library. People usually don't deviate too far from their interests.

At the same time don't be desperate. Find things to do that you genuinely enjoy which makes you even more attractive.

Old 08-07-2018, 11:56 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,853,689 times
Hahahaha, this sounds like the threads I read on the Seattle forum, but in reverse Wow, seroiusly, women have trouble meeting men? Where are men? I mean, ummm... Really? Hey Seattle boys, stop whining about not being able to meet a woman and come take a trip to the Triad forum I know I am resurrecting and old thread, but moving from Seattle to North Carolina I found this thread as entertaining as it was invigorating . I am getting ready to plan a trip to the Triad area soon..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point