Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 08:46 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,738,922 times

Advertisements

You can't be serious, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
Bull$hit.

What you have here is 2 or 3 people who actually know a thing or two about agriculture, and we get really sick of all this ignorant blathering about Monsanto/Satan.

It's stupid, really. But have at it. No amount of truth is going to change your minds anyway.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:46 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,375,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
I'm trying to think of a new and more apt name for Monsanto. How about one of these:

Carcinanto?

Montumor?

Malignanto?
I'm trying to think of a new and more apt name for all the Anti-Monsanto Nutjobs. How about one of these:

Ill-informed hipsters?

Quacks?

Chicken Littles?

Old 07-09-2012, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
You can't be serious, right?
I am DEAD serious. You Anti-Monsanto Ranters have NO IDEA what you're talking about. You read some silly nonsense from sources like Alex Jones, and Mother Earth News Daily, then circulate it among yourselves that you're completely convinced that all the bull$hit is 100% accurate. But it's not.

Newsflash!
- Monsanto is NOT going to force every farmer in the world to pay them $10 per pig to raise hogs.
- Monsanto is NOT going to make it illegal for people to buy anything but their products.
- Monsanto is NOT buying politicians any more so than Warren Buffett and George Soros.

Do you folks realize that REAL farmers - and by that, I mean people who are actually FARMERS - read crap like this, and do nothing but laugh at you. It's THAT crazy!

Old 07-09-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Monsanto appears to operate by strategically placing their people and people favorable to them in highly influential positions. As the OP states, they've put Michael Taylor in the FDA. They also have Jeffrey Sachs, an internationally known economist and one who claims to be environmentally-oriented, heading up a food project at the UN. They'd hoped he'd get appointed to head up the World Bank, but fortunately, things didn't work out as they and Sachs had hoped. Their m.o. is insidious.
I'm SO glad that you're "in the know," and capable of informing us ignoramuses of all the insider trade-secrets of a multi-national corporation. THANK YOU for the breaking news!

Old 07-09-2012, 11:30 PM

4,731 posts, read 9,952,840 times
Closing thread. Bashing and bullying of any sort will not be tolerated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.