Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 11:02 AM

541 posts, read 1,994,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
I love glass and drink from it at work and home (including hot tea). Looks like a great product.
curious what the top is made from? You know, the part the screws in an touches the water.
I have one and I love it. It is a little heavy though. This is what the page said about the caps:

Our polypropylene (pp#5) accessory caps fit both sizes of our adult beverage bottles (22 oz and 16 oz). Go ahead and mix colors for a fresh look. Our Classic Caps and glass bottles are made in Europe, and our Flip Caps are made in the U.S. All Lifefactory accessories are BPA-free, phthalate-free and dishwasher safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2013, 07:30 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,785,443 times
I have an insulated Klean Kanteen Klean Kanteen Insulated: Stainless Steel Insulated Bottle and Mug and love it. It wasn't made in the US but I do feel good that the workers who made the bottle were treated well.
From the company's website, it says that their workers are treated well and they are a B Corporation, which means they are not simply focused on profits; they're focused on solving environmental and social problems.

The insulated kanteens are not cheap but I felt mine was worth every penny. I recently put ice in it one day and it kept the ice for around 16 hours. Sure the ice wasn't as large as it initially was but the fact that I still had ice was pretty cool. I've put hot tea in it and I had to leave the top off of it for about 2 hours and then I could finally drink it without burning my tongue. It's not meant for soups or anything like that but if you like hot tea or coffee, this is a great kanteen for you-just don't put it in the kanteen piping hot.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:54 PM

968 posts, read 2,618,272 times
I use glass water bottles and a ceramic cup/mug for hot tea. I believe the LifeFactory brand is manufactured in the States.

My only gripe is that its not easy to get your own bottles/cups filled when you're out and about. I get that restaurants want to avoid potential lawsuits but sometimes you are still foced to buy bottled beverages when you can't refill your own

Old 03-30-2013, 08:51 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,785,443 times
If any of you are interested in glass straws, there is a great company, Glass Dharma, that makes glass straws. It's based in California, and they have reasonable shipping costs. The company has a section on their website to see if you can find the straws in your area. Unfortunately, no stores around me sell their straws.

I find the cost to be pretty reasonable, considering the craftsmanship and warranty.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:50 AM

6,066 posts, read 15,046,326 times
Glass mason jars (ball, Jarden, etc.) are made in the USA, of glass (no weird metal taste and no weird toxic plastics or rubber) are easy to clean and sterilize and keep your water tasting really good. They are reusable, recyclable, beautiful, and inexpensive. And they come in all different sizes, too. They are my favorite thing to use for a personal portable reusable water bottle.

Vessel also makes beautiful glass bottles... but they are not as sturdy as the mason jars. I have a few of them, though - they are beautiful and glass which is nice, you just have to be more careful with them. http://www.vesseldrinkware.com/product/

Old 04-04-2013, 01:31 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,744,531 times
aw arent they lovely..... they say you can sell anything to a woman with pretty flowers or bows... and am thinking it s true.. I want those bottles...... glass is the only pure thing we have on earth and we all should be drinking from it.... sadly all bottled water here in the UK seems to be in plastic, which gets into the water..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Green Living